Skip to content
Trying To Figure it Out???
tiggerfan_06 posted:
im on a new med called metformin and its for so i can get my levels back to where they need to be. i was on provera and clomid but i changed obgyns last month and found out i didnt need to be on clomid or peovera so he put me on the med called metformin and ive been on it for 3weeks now and still no AF so im starting to wonder if i should do a test or just not worry about becuz maybe its part of my body getting use to the med i noticed that these past few days ive been getting the sick to my stomache feeling but i dont pay no attention to it. ANY ADVICE ON WHAT I SHOULD DO???? THANK YOU

TKO120107 responded:
It might be a good idea to talk to your doctor. Did he say why he put you on Metformin? It's usually prescribed for PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). Metformin can help get your cycle back if you haven't been ovulating.

Since you've only been on it for 3 weeks, I'd say it's a little too early to test. Maybe wait another week and then test if AF is still a no show.
Me (39) DH (40) DS (2) TTC no. 2

tiggerfan_06 replied to TKO120107's response:
yea he said i had PCOS and he wanted to see if it would help get my levels back to where they needed to be. so ive been on metformin for 3weeks now and still no period. so i should wait another week or just do a test??

TKO120107 replied to tiggerfan_06's response:
I think wait another week and then test.

Did you have any signs that you ovulated? Not everybody does, and if you haven't been it's probably even harder to tell.

You should start tracking your cycle if you're not already. The charts would help you and your doctor see what's going on. There are web sites and books that explain what to do. I think the book I have is called Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Some ladies use the Fertility Friend web site. It's free.

tiggerfan_06 replied to TKO120107's response:
have been charting my temp but im not sure what to look for. the only thing im having is some cramps here and there and the feeling sick to my stomache cant seem to get rid of that feeling.a nurse that i go to also said for me to wait another week and then test but i go back to my obgyn next week to see what the med metformin has did or changed anything. though thank you for ur advice and tips

TKO120107 replied to tiggerfan_06's response:
You really should check out Fertility Friend (or get a book if you're a reader). Fertility Friend has instructions on how to track your cycle including explaining what to look for when charting your temp. It should spike right after you ovulate.

I think charting would help you and your doctor treat your PCOS more effectively. It should show whether / when you're ovulating. It'll also help you know when the best time to BD each cycle.

In my case, charting helped me figure out that I ovulate late in my cycle not right in the middle.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I dated my husband on and off for 5 years before we got married! We wed on February 27th, 2010... <3 My husband Eric is in the USMC and we are liv...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin Deficiencies Lead to infertility
Having trouble concieveing?? Next time you are st your doctors office ask for a blood draw to check your vitamin levels. Low amounts of ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.