Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Preparing for Coception
KimberlyByrdV posted:
I'm looking into ways to physically prepare my body for another baby. I'm taking prenatal and eating well, but I wanted to see if there are any tricks you guys tried? Looking into anything that may help my husband and I to concieve. Thank you so much!

MrsBurt05 responded:
Exercise!! Not hard core, just basic muscle toning exercises. Especially ones that will help your core. You will be having back pain once pregnancy happens, and having a strong core/back, will help you with that. Once you are pregnant, walk. I walked alot during my second pregnancy, and my back pain wasn't as bad as it was with my 1st. If you are underweight, or on the lower side of average weight, it would help to gain a few pounds. Some women can't conceive because they are too little. Same with overweight or a little on the chubby but healthy side. If you are on that spectrum, losing a few pounds can help. Some women can concieve no matter what their weight is, but that's just what I've been told. Hope this helps! Good luck!!
Me-25 DH-27 DS-6 DS-4 TTC-10/18/11

KimberlyByrdV replied to MrsBurt05's response:
Excersize sounds great! Before my son was born I had a great routine, so I'll try it now! (Thanks for the modivation) I walked when I was I was pregnant with my son but due to high blood pressure I was put on bed rest... Hated it. Delivery was still EASY though! Thank you so so much! I will start right away! Maybe a walk with my son every day! <3

TKO120107 responded:
I did yoga during my first pregnancy, and it really helped with the back and hip pain. I think it was the stretching. So flexibility plus what MrsBurt05 said would have fighting fit when you get your BFP!
Me (39) DH (40) DS (2) TTC no. 2

KimberlyByrdV replied to TKO120107's response:
I did the same until I was put on bed rest. Thought the yoga made me feel amazing!!! Getting excited now! I can't wait to see my husband and start trying again! (He's in United States Army Basic Training)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married since September 2001 to my wonderful husband Mark. We started trying to have kids about 4 1/2 years after we were married. After both an ectop...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.