Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying to concieve with rapid growing ovarian cysts.
proudUSMCwife1833 posted:
I am a 26 year old woman who has over the last year had problems with rapid growing ovarian cysts. My husband has been deployed and is coming home in less than two months and we want to try agian for a baby. We had been trying for 6 months before that, but on New Years of 2011 I was rushed to the emergency room for supposed appendicitis. Turns out it was my ovary, the first of 6 cysts I have had in a year. They grow rapidly and burst about every two months. They put me on birth control and it did not help, I had the biggest ones while on it. So I went to an OB/Gyn today, and he put me on birth control again(my husband will be home in 6 weeks and we wanted to start trying right away) and naproxen and said he doesn't want to take my ovary out. My left side is fine, and the right is the bad one. My mother, grandmother and great grandmother all had ovarian cancer and had hysterectemys at 50, 40 , and 30 respectively. I want to have children with my husband but I feel like the clock is ticking before I too might have to have one. I am limited to the doctors I can see since I am on TriCare prime and they only want me to go to naval hospital doctors. I need advice:(

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Unfortunately, I don't have any advice, but I will pray for you.

You said the Dr put you on BC again, have you stopped taking it so that you and DH could ttc? If you haven't stopped, did your Dr tell you when you should so that your body can be ready when DH comes home?

I don't know much about ovarian cysts, but I'm sure someone on here has.

God bless

TKO120107 replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
The only advice I have is to check out the PCOS board. The ladies there will be way more knowledgable about cysts and should have some good advice for you.

Tell your DH thank you for his service.
Me (39) DH (40) DS (2) TTC no. 2

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kimberly Byrd. I married on Feb 24th 2011 to my highschool sweetheart and soulmate. My husband and I are young, 19 year old, but we are mor...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.