Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My first time actually trying to conceive, but not my first time getting pregnant (miscarriage last November).
LuluAP posted:
My husband and I have decided we will not wait until the end of the year to start trying. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I had an accidental (happy accident) pregnancy last November. I was about 4-5 weeks along when I miscarried. The doctor would not see me because I wasn't twelve weeks along. Not sure if this is the norm for all doctors? Also, I am supposed to fly to Florida at the end of this month. I am ovulating this week and hope to succeed, but does anyone know about flying so early in a pregnancy? I have read some places that you should not fly until your second trimester, my flight is supposed to be the day I would start my period if we did not conceive; so I don't know if any doctors would test me the week before I am supposed to fly. If anyone can help or give me any helpful hints on this or succeeding in conceiving I am all ears. Thanks!

TKO120107 responded:
Welcome to the board!

From what I understand, flying in and of itself won't harm you or the baby in the first trimester. I believe the reason they say not to fly until your second trimester is because that is when your risk of miscarriage goes down. Since you've already miscarried once - condolences for your loss - you might want to ask your doctor what the risk is that you might miscarry again and whether you should fly if you think you might be pregnant.
Me (39) DH (40) DS (2) TTC no. 2

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28yo; married to 28yo DH. We have DD who was born on 7/28/03 and DS who was born on 1/20/07. We also have a dog and 2 cats. I work full time at a...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 45 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.