Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying for 3 Months - need advice!
mluckhaupt89 posted:
Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for the past 3 months now. In that time, I've been off of birth control for that time period as well. Over these past few months, I've been feeling different - easily exhausted, every-do-often nauseous, tender breasts, and super bad mood swings. The one thing I didn't think was possible is that my belly has grown significantly! I have no answer for it at all, and I seriously look pregnant. I've taken multiple home pregnancy tests these past 3 months, and all have been negative. I am supposed to start my period this Friday (02-10-12), but nothing is really out of the ordinary for me in the way of symptoms. I've been dealing with some weird constipation this week, but that's about it. Is it normal for pregnancy to occur at a later time after getting off birth control? Every time I've ovulated, my husband and I have had sex every other day, like our OBGYN has recommended. I would really appreciate any advice, because I really want a baby and it's hard watching other people get "positive" results while I stand by and play the waiting game. Please feel free to leave any comments that'd be helpful! Thanks!

Heather922 responded:
I've been off bc since July and several months I've had tender breasts too. For a long time I've had morning nausea, but I think it's been worse since being off bc. The constipation might be causing the bloated stomach. I also think mood swings are pretty normal when your hormones are trying to balance out after bc.

My af is also due on Friday so hopefully we'll both have good news soon! Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello im new to this board im 29yrs old married for 3yrs nw been with hubby for 5 goin on 6yrs well we just decided to strt trying to concieve we have...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.