Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying for 3 Months - need advice!
mluckhaupt89 posted:
Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for the past 3 months now. In that time, I've been off of birth control for that time period as well. Over these past few months, I've been feeling different - easily exhausted, every-do-often nauseous, tender breasts, and super bad mood swings. The one thing I didn't think was possible is that my belly has grown significantly! I have no answer for it at all, and I seriously look pregnant. I've taken multiple home pregnancy tests these past 3 months, and all have been negative. I am supposed to start my period this Friday (02-10-12), but nothing is really out of the ordinary for me in the way of symptoms. I've been dealing with some weird constipation this week, but that's about it. Is it normal for pregnancy to occur at a later time after getting off birth control? Every time I've ovulated, my husband and I have had sex every other day, like our OBGYN has recommended. I would really appreciate any advice, because I really want a baby and it's hard watching other people get "positive" results while I stand by and play the waiting game. Please feel free to leave any comments that'd be helpful! Thanks!

TKO120107 responded:
Welcome to the community!

Most of those funky symptoms could just be your body getting used to being off BC. I'm not sure about the weight gain, though.

I think it takes on average 4 months to get pregnant. If you time everything perfectly in a given month, you only have a 20 - 25% chance of getting pregnant. With that said, some women are crazy fertile coming off BC and other are the opposite.

Good luck and baby dust!
Me (39) DH (40) DS (2) TTC no. 2

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married since September 2001 to my wonderful husband Mark. We started trying to have kids about 4 1/2 years after we were married. After both an ectop...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin Deficiencies Lead to infertility
Having trouble concieveing?? Next time you are st your doctors office ask for a blood draw to check your vitamin levels. Low amounts of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.