Skip to content
help
mommielast_try posted:
been tryingto get prego since i got off my bc in dec. no luck yet and intercourse four to six times a week. feeling pretty desperate to time it right to have that last baby before a certain time...now im starting to really worry..what am i doing wrong? i had paragaurd for four years and taken out in dec. ready for number three and ive been tracking my periods with my days calendar app..still nothing. feeling pretty disappointed and starting to wonder...any advice? im open to all. the firstt two i never even tried..

EECKA responded:
I had my paragaurd removed in December as well. I have been tracking my cycle and can't understand why I'm not pregnant yet. I have started using an ovulation kit and now I see I should have ovulated a few days ago and my hormones haven't spiked at all. No ovulation?! I've always had completely regular periods. Please let me know if you hear anything.

TKO120107 replied to EECKA's response:
Welcome to the board, ladies!!

Calendars work best for people with textbook cycles. They assume you always ovulate right in the middle of you cycle, but that's not true for everyone. So also tracking signs of fertility like cervical mucus and basal body temp can help.

I ovulate late in my cycle - day 16ish in a 27day cycle. That might also be the case for you. And don't forget that your hormones surge AFTER you ovulate.

Baby dust!
Me (39) DH (40) DS (2) TTC no. 2

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married to my husband for 7 years now. We have two beautiful girls that are 4 and 6. We've also experiend 2 miscarriages. Right now we...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.