Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Where to go from here?. . . ASAP!
MrsIWannaBeAMommy posted:
So i had been on the Mirena IUD for just over 2 years i took it out the 26th, of January. I just started my period the 14th of February, & me and my partner are looking to conceive as soon as possible, I have no clue where to go from here, when to try, the best days to try or anything. note this is the first period I've had in over 2 years so I don't know how permanent my cycle is or even what it is. I really need some good advice, & don't really have time to waste. Please & thanks.

canada2010 responded:
Most women ovulate in the middle of their cycles, but since you haven't had a period in 2 years you don't know your cycle. You are probably going to have to have 2-3 periods before you can figure out what your cycle is and therefor when it's time to have sex. You could looking into monitoring your cycle by taking your temp every day, checking your cervical fluids and it position, also Ovulation Predictor Tests can help too. I have heard the website Fertility Friend is a really good resource to learn all about keeping track of your cycle and you can learn all about charting too.
Good luck & baby dust to you.

Heather922 responded:
Frequent sex, every other day is best, especially if you don't know specific day of ovulation yet.

jen958 responded:
Sex every other day, and change it up - keep it fresh! Keep a daily log of vaginal sensation, cervical mucous and your desire for sex too. In a couple of months you'll have it all figured out Oh, and basal body temperature plus ovulation test kits are great too.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Chelsea. I have a little boy, Alex Jhet. I had him Oct of 09. I am happily married to his dad since June of 11. Our previous bc was condoms...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
From an awesome anonymous poster, here is the text to use to add emoticons to your posts. : smile : or : ) = : cool : or B ) = : grin ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.