Skip to content
QUESTIONS ABOUT IUI & LH SURGE
twolittlepumpkins posted:
I had my second IUI on Wednesday.
The Nurse origionally scheduled us for Friday at 7:30AM after an ultra sound on Monday that revealed the most dominate follacle at 16. (18-20 is where they like to see them).
I was told to monitor my LH surge and if I detected it to call otherwise I was to inject my trigger shot on Wednesday evening.
Well I detected my surge at 9:00PM on Tuesday night (no surge at Noon on Tuesday).
I called in on Wednesday at 8:00AM and was told to trigger which I did immediatly.
The nurse origionally wanted me to go in on Thursday for the IUI but then saw that they were "overbooked" and had me go in on Wednesday at 3:00PM - IUI actually took place at 4:00PM.
Sperm levels were excellent across the board.
I asked for an ultra sound after the IUI to see if I had ovulated and was told it was not necessary.
Everything I read says that IUI should take place 36 - 40 hours after the trigger.
I have taken several ovulation tests since the IUI and they all still show positive for detecting ovulation.
I am worried that the IUI was too early.
Does anyone know how long an LH Surge is detected after a trigger shot?
Also, do you think that my IUI was too early??

Spotlight: Member Stories

Got a BFP! We are pregnant with our first!!!

Helpful Tips

Vitamin Deficiencies Lead to infertility
Having trouble concieveing?? Next time you are st your doctors office ask for a blood draw to check your vitamin levels. Low amounts of ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.