Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
where should we start?
cookingb posted:
My husband & I have been ttc for about a year. I was on the Depo shot for 1 year and I had my last one in March of 2010. I have not been doing ANYTHING to help us conceive. We are really wanting a child now. I still don't have completely regulated periods. I'll have them for a few months, than I'll randomly miss a month or two. I talked to my family DR, but he just told me to take prenatal vitamins. What would you recommand i do to help us concieve? Thanks so much in advance for any help you can give me!!

TKO120107 responded:
Track your cycles! That will help you know when you are most fertile. I have the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility that talks all about it, and I like it a lot. I've never used it, but back in the day when we were TTC our son, loads of ladies were using the site Fertility Friend. There are also tons of other books and sites you can use if neither one of those works for you.

I'd also recommend that you talk to your OB/GYN since you don't have regular periods, and you've been trying for a year.

Good luck and baby dust!
Me (39) DH (40) DS (2) TTC no. 2

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Chelsea. I have a little boy, Alex Jhet. I had him Oct of 09. I am happily married to his dad since June of 11. Our previous bc was condoms...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
From an awesome anonymous poster, here is the text to use to add emoticons to your posts. : smile : or : ) = : cool : or B ) = : grin ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.