Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Period while pregnant?
jen958 posted:
Hi, has anyone experienced a regular period while pregnant? In the beginning or throughout? My friend was trying for baby #2 and would only indulge in a glass of wine when she got her period. Turns out, she was about 6 weeks along, but still got her period anyway, and it was similar enough to her regular periods that she was using the same pad/tampon protection.

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
My sister had bleeding like a period the first month of her pregnancy.

Although it's considered rare, I've read it happens to many women.

I know your friend is ecstatic!

Dextress replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
With my 2nd, I bled a lot in the first month or two. The doctors told me that it's normal as long as it's not bright red or you're insanely crampy. If I didn't know I was pregnant, I would have thought it was my period, at least during the first day it happened. They said it was probably happening because of my kids being so close in age, they're only 15 months apart, so I was pregnant with my 2nd one when my 1st was 6-7 months old.

Spotlight: Member Stories

After 1 year of trying to conceive I finally was blessed with my first pregnancy!!! My son Jamie, and the little booger will be 2 on March 19th! We ...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 45 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.