Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TTC heavy-back to back- periods after BC
jennylynn0819 posted:
I got the green light from doc in Nov 11' to stop bc and ttc. I had heavy irregular periods when I was younger. I know stopping bc can make them irregular, but mine are regular to the date but Im getting heavy periods- double, and by double i mean back to back. I get my first period- bright red, no cramps and 7 days later I get my second period- heavy dark red, cramps. Then exactly 28 days from the first period we start all over again. I dont get it. My periods have always lasted 5-7 days so with 2 weeks worth of back to back periods and 2 weeks off makes ttc a little difficult, Im not really sure which period to track. Ive never had any problems and always had good paps. Has anyone ever had back to back periods or know why Im getting 2

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Chelsea. I have a little boy, Alex Jhet. I had him Oct of 09. I am happily married to his dad since June of 11. Our previous bc was condoms...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 45 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.