Skip to content
TTC after depo shot
kyoung43 posted:
So i'm getting married in October and my fiance and I really want to try and get pregnant as soon as we can after that. I'm currently on the depo shot and i'm planning on stopping a couple months before the wedding and starting prenatal vitamins. However I have stopped the shot before for a year and my cycle never even came close to going back to normal. As i do more research I'm afraid that its going to cause me to have a lot of problems conceiving. I was wondering if anyone had any insight for me. This is something that my fiance and I are really looking forward to and I really dont want one more thing to worry about on top of my family history with pregnancy. PLEASE HELP!

mrsG_729 responded:
I was on the depo shot for about a year. When I was in your place, my doctor recommended that instead of going "cold turkey" off the depo, that I switch right to the pill. Sometimes it can help "jump start" your body into regular ovulation cycles faster than quitting depo alone. They say it can take up to a year for cycles to return to your normal after the shot, but with adding the pill I was back at normal cycles in three months. Everyone is different though, but good luck. Depending on your situation it may be worthwhile to switch methods soon... if you want a honeymoon baby.

kyoung43 replied to mrsG_729's response:
Thank you so much! I never even thought of trying that! yay back to the doctors! lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 26 and my husband is 30. We have been trying for our first since June (2011). I've been using Clear Blue Easy Digital OPK, and the iPhone ...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.