Skip to content
Got a positive OPK result!
Heather922 posted:
I tried an OPK back in December with no definitive results. I have a dr. appt next week so I thought I'd give it another shot this cycle. I'm on CD 22 and got a positive finally! Seems a little late, even for my cycles being 33 days lately. I hope it's not a false positive (no egg actually released).

jen958 responded:
I tried just monitoring my cervical mucus since about December. I never saw the "egg-white-stretchy" mucus so I just figured I wasn't ovulating. I was determined to figure it out so I called my friend who had been trying for a couple of years & just gave birth. She said to buy several kits & start using them as soon as my period was over. I did that & it worked! I had 4 days of negative, then a positive on the 5th day - that's sooo much earlier than I thought it would be. My husband & I started trying right away, every 12 hours for the next two days. Two weeks later, starting on the day I expected my next period, I took three pregnancy tests for three days in a row & they were all positive! So I wouldn't question the late ovulation, because I ovulated so much earlier! Wishing you the best of luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old and have been married to my highschool sweetheart for 6 years. God blessed us with a beautiful 3 year old daughter named Tessa. I jo...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.