Skip to content
Starting Out...
MeganL1980 posted:
Hi everyone....Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Megan and I am 31. We have one daughter, who is currently 5 1/2. I've had the Mirena IUD for 5 years and just had it out via hysteroscopy (they couldn't find the strings). After heavy bleeding initially, I had a followup appt with my doctor and I am clear for TTC now. I am a little afraid this time around because I had pre-e with our first daughter, who was born at 35 weeks, 5 days. I have also been trying to lose weight before having a second, but after speaking to my doctor, he informed me that I was placing too much pressure on myself and basically that I could begin to try to get pregnant. I haven't had a period in nearly 5 years (Just spotting) because of the Mirena hormones. So, I am a little worried about being able to conceive (even though we conceived our first daughter immediately). I am also pretty clueless about where I am at in my cycle, although I had what I think were ovulation pains two nights ago, and we BD'd. Yesterday I had what i believe to be EWCM and we BD'd yesterday as well. (TMI I know). I am just hoping for an easier pregnancy and I would like to be pregnant sooner rather than later! I am excited to meet everyone!

Megan

Spotlight: Member Stories

Happily married to DH Will. Mommy to DD Naya, and DS-twins Adie and Alex all 3 from a previous marriage . 2 pregnancies late last year ended in Miscar...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin Deficiencies Lead to infertility
Having trouble concieveing?? Next time you are st your doctors office ask for a blood draw to check your vitamin levels. Low amounts of ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.