Starting Out...
MeganL1980 posted:
Hi everyone....Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Megan and I am 31. We have one daughter, who is currently 5 1/2. I've had the Mirena IUD for 5 years and just had it out via hysteroscopy (they couldn't find the strings). After heavy bleeding initially, I had a followup appt with my doctor and I am clear for TTC now. I am a little afraid this time around because I had pre-e with our first daughter, who was born at 35 weeks, 5 days. I have also been trying to lose weight before having a second, but after speaking to my doctor, he informed me that I was placing too much pressure on myself and basically that I could begin to try to get pregnant. I haven't had a period in nearly 5 years (Just spotting) because of the Mirena hormones. So, I am a little worried about being able to conceive (even though we conceived our first daughter immediately). I am also pretty clueless about where I am at in my cycle, although I had what I think were ovulation pains two nights ago, and we BD'd. Yesterday I had what i believe to be EWCM and we BD'd yesterday as well. (TMI I know). I am just hoping for an easier pregnancy and I would like to be pregnant sooner rather than later! I am excited to meet everyone!

Megan