Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Starting Out...
    MeganL1980 posted:
    Hi everyone....Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Megan and I am 31. We have one daughter, who is currently 5 1/2. I've had the Mirena IUD for 5 years and just had it out via hysteroscopy (they couldn't find the strings). After heavy bleeding initially, I had a followup appt with my doctor and I am clear for TTC now. I am a little afraid this time around because I had pre-e with our first daughter, who was born at 35 weeks, 5 days. I have also been trying to lose weight before having a second, but after speaking to my doctor, he informed me that I was placing too much pressure on myself and basically that I could begin to try to get pregnant. I haven't had a period in nearly 5 years (Just spotting) because of the Mirena hormones. So, I am a little worried about being able to conceive (even though we conceived our first daughter immediately). I am also pretty clueless about where I am at in my cycle, although I had what I think were ovulation pains two nights ago, and we BD'd. Yesterday I had what i believe to be EWCM and we BD'd yesterday as well. (TMI I know). I am just hoping for an easier pregnancy and I would like to be pregnant sooner rather than later! I am excited to meet everyone!

Megan

Spotlight: Member Stories

Happily married to DH Will. Mommy to DD Naya, and DS-twins Adie and Alex all 3 from a previous marriage . 2 pregnancies late last year ended in Miscar...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
    There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
    Was this Helpful?
    28 of 45 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.