Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Exercising and trying to conceive...
rockerchik87 posted:
Hi I'm new here and had a quick question that's been bothering me. I started exercising about 2mths ago n just this mth my bf and i are ttc. I was worried if the exercises i'm doing will be a prob with the fertilization and implantion process. The exercises I do are sit-ups, planks, leg lifts, push ups, and i use an elliptical. Can any of these affect the process or is it ok. I read in one of the articles that leg lifts and sit-ups are bad when pregnant so i'm guessing they might be bad when ttc? This will be my first pregnancy so I'm just really nervous and scared. I was diagnosed with PCOS also so I guess that makes me a bit more nervous also.

Heather922 responded:
Hi there! From a medical standpoint all I've heard is to not increase the intensity of your workouts when you're trying. My speculation is because the little swimmers only need roughly half a day to get where they're going, you would only need to take it easy during that time. But I could be wrong, maybe someone else will have some more info to add.

Good luck to you!

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
I was watching a reality tv show and a woman who was in her late thirties wanted to ttc and her doctor told her to start exercising...it was more so cardio and not the rough stuff.

This would be a great time to see your ob-gyn and ask some questions so that you can have that peace of mind.

I hope you get a quick BFP!

Spotlight: Member Stories

After struggling with fibromyalgia for most of my life and having difficulties controlling it with medicine, I finally found relief without meds! With...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.