Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying not to get my hopes up
MrsBurt05 posted:
Ok, ladies! I know hubby & I are taking a break from TTC-ing. We were going to start this month (May) but he is still on unemployment. So it looks like it's not happening this month. He's applying to 4 jobs a week but has yet to hear about anything. He doesn't have much experience with a lot of things, because he's worked for so long doing one thing. He's got excellent experience at what he did do, but it's such a tight market here, it's hard for him to find anything with his experience without a degree.

Anyways, since I'm not on the BCP anymore, my cycles are finally regular! It took awhile, but...my body is finally normal! We aren't trying, but we BD'd at the very beginning of my fertile window. We didn't realize it was my fertile window, or else it wouldn't have happened. Even though we aren't trying, I am taking prenatals just because I stocked up & have a lot. Plus prenatals seem to give me more of what I need normally than what regular multivitamins give. Now AF is 1 day late so far. I can't help but let my mind wander to the "what if I'm pregnant?" I don't want to test. I mean, I do, but I don't want to. It seems like every time I POAS, AF starts literally that same night. Never fails! Lol. It's not the ideal time to get pregnant, but I still want it so SO bad regardless.

I'm thinking of getting a cheapie & testing in the morning, but yet I'm thinking wait a few more days.

What do you ladies think? Test or wait a few days?
Me-25 DH-27 DS-6 DS-4 TTC-10/18/11

MrsBurt05 responded:
Nevermind. AF just started. 2 1/2 days late.

BeautifullyBlessed replied to MrsBurt05's response:
Hi MrsBurt05,

Sorry you got your hopes up.

Are you still officially trying this month?

DH and I tried, but it was kind of early in my cycle...cycle days 8 and 11. Hopefully, I ovulated early this month.

Where is everybody? It seems like there's about 1 post per week now.

MrsBurt05 replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
Hi. Sorry I didn't get back right away. Life has been crazy! But, it's alright. I wasn't too disappointed in af this time around. We aren't like...trying trying this month-like charting, opks, timed intercourse, etc. But we aren't avoiding my fertile window. I am still aware of when that is, so...we are just going with the flow right now. Going by the calendar, O-day is today. I want to say it was yesterday though. I had more signs pointing to O than I am today. We BD'd 3-4 days ago, so unless we BD tonight, I think we missed it, but I'm ok with that this month. I'm way too stressed this month to have anything happen anyways.

Isn't it still a chance if you BDd 3-4 days ago? At least that's what I'm banking on.

DH and I BD'd on the night of the 13 or I can say early morning of the 14th and I think I ovulated on the 16th (based on my sore breasts).

I hope the stress dies down...way down for you. Give it a try tonight anyway...you never know!

Omg, I'm SO excited, BeautifullyBlessed!! Stress level just went to ZERO yesterday!!! I've been super stressed because hubby is still unemployed even though he's applying to jobs constantly. It's really hard to find a job with his experience without a degree. And he won't settle for anything that will pay him less than what he's getting for unemployment right now, which is understandable. But, I've been working so hard and so much lately, and it's still not enough. Bills have been behind, everything piling up, I'm getting ready for summer semester after taking a semester off, I've been telling my husband to go apply for a job that is 16hrs away from where we live where he would work 2 weeks on & 2 weeks off & he is guaranteed a job placement & get paid $4,000 a month for just working 14 days and if need be, we would save up & I would transfer schools to that area, and we would move. Anything to help us out financially. Everything just seemed to be coming at all sides and no time to breathe. Well, I looked at our bank statement and we had a large amount of money deposited like 4 days ago! We haven't looked at our online statement, so we didn't notice it until yesterday. Hubby called the place that deposited it because we thought it was a mistake or something & we didn't want to get our hopes up with this money. He's getting paid for 5% permanent disability for the injury he received at the job that laid him off in December & it does not affect his unemployment at all! We got a big chunk of it now, and we're getting smaller (but yet still big) payments over the next 4 months. Which in that time I'll be getting my summer & fall semester financial aid overage checks to help us with cost of living. We did the math, and with everything we will be financially stable for a while even if hubby doesn't work again til January or even longer. Now my paychecks are basically going to be 100% put into savings or starting to purchase baby items to start getting ready for baby, because we are 100% back on to TTC baby #3!!!!

And as for BDing a few days before O-day, it's possible it might work, but if not, I'm totally ok with it, because next month we will be BDing A LOT at the right times! Lol.

Wow! Praise the Lord! Hearing your good news really put a smile on my face. That is awesome!

And DH taking that job 16 hours away isn't that bad...at least it's 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off and it will provide the salary of a full-time, consistent job...and being able to have your check just go to savings...icing on the cake!

I'm glad it all worked out well for you!

Thank you! And Yes! Praise the Lord! I've been praying for Him to help us get through this stress & it took some time, but He heard me! Makes me feel so good!

DH is so excited to TTC again. He's starting to remind me of me. He said we're going to BD every other day from here on out until I get that BFP! Haha!

Go DH!

Well...after ttc, I feel like I have a vaginal infection. I'm not sure if it's yeast or bacteria.

Prior to ttc, I've been using grapefruit seed extract and olive leaf extract. Before ttc I was clear of any infection (I had it confirmed by my doctor). Now, something is going on down there

I've continued taking my probiotic and the extracts, but some of the stuff I've been reading says it's not safe to take the extracts during pregnancy.

I'm hoping we were successful and conceived and I don't want to do anything risky.

Any experience with this?

I have had some sort of mild infection a couple months ago. It started after AF & it would go away, then I would feel it again after we would BD, but I got put on antibiotics & haven't had it sense. He said it was a mild yeast infection & I never had one of those before.
Me-25 DH-28 DS-6 1/2 DS-4 1/2 TTC-10/18/11 Break from TTC-1/1/12-5/1/12 TTC part 2-5/18/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a volunteer NREMT-B and a stay home mother. I am currently enrolled in nursing school for emergency care.

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.