Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just stopped BC pills.. positive OPK...
dvm21 posted:
Hey everyone. I'm new here and new to TTC.

I took my last birth control pill on April 28th. Had been on them for many years (I'm 26). I had skipped a month of them in March (stupid I know). On the evening of May 7th I got a positive (smiley face) on a home ovulation predicition test. I had sex May 5, 6, 7, 9,10... so basically all around when I should have ovulated. According to my estimates I figured I'd start my period May 19 or 20. And I did... May 19th. It has been heavy and exactly like it was before I started BC control pills.
Is it possible my body prepared to ovulate (hence positive ovulation test) but didn't? I'm just so surprised I am not pregnant based on that positive ovulation test and the fact that I had intercourse often during that time. Anyone with similar issues? Or maybe its because I just got off of bc pills? Thanks for any input

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Welcome to TTC and I hope your time here is very short!

I've never really been on BC, so I can't say, but I would've been like you...thinking, "why in the world am I not pregnant."

Hopefully, this cycle will end up in a BFP!

MrsBurt05 responded:
I was on birth control (pill) for 4 years. Some people can get pregnant right away after they stop taking it, others it can take a few months for your body to get to 100% normal after taking it. I'm not one of those people who go back to normal after being on birth control. I've had positive OPKs and BD'd at all the right times and still no BFP. We've been on a break from ttc-ing, but now we're back on, & this whole time I decided to stay off my birth control, so with all these months of no birth control, I'm hoping it won't take long. With people who haven't been on birth control and trying to conceive, it still takes an average of 3-6 months to get pregnant if the couple has nothing wrong with them and are 100% fertile. It's hard, trust me, I understand, but you have to try and be patient. Good luck to you & baby dust!!
Me-25 DH-27 DS-6 DS-4 TTC-10/18/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

I dated my husband on and off for 5 years before we got married! We wed on February 27th, 2010... <3 My husband Eric is in the USMC and we are liv...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
From an awesome anonymous poster, here is the text to use to add emoticons to your posts. : smile : or : ) = : cool : or B ) = : grin ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.