Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Going to start using an OPK this cycle!
babymakinglady posted:
AF is just ending for me. When should I start using these tests? I'm excited to see if it boosts my chances how I think it will! When should we BD once I see a positive result? I know some of you gals are using these. Help me out!

MrsBurt05 responded:
What ones did you get? Did you get the kit with the one month supply or the 7-10 day ones? I usually get the 1 month supply ones. The brand is Answer(or Answers) & it comes with a free pregnancy test & I got it at WalMart for cheap. I think $11? But I start using them like 3 days after AF & once a line starts appearing faint(it's not considered positive until the line is as dark as the control line) then I test in the morning AND at night. Sometimes it can be faint that morning & dark that night or even a few hours later. It all depends on your cycle length & how close you are to ovulation. If you got the kit with like a week or so's worth I would start using them around cycle day 8 or 9. If you use them all up and still no results, I would get a month's supply next time(if no bpf) and test everyday because you might ovulate super early or late.
Hope this helps!! Good luck & baby dust!!
Me-25 DH-28 DS-6 1/2 DS-4 1/2 TTC-10/18/11 Break from TTC-1/1/12-5/1/12 TTC part 2-5/18/12

babymakinglady replied to MrsBurt05's response:
I got "wondfo" brand test strips on Amazon - I got 50 of them! They are very inexpensive. I got the same brand of HPT's also, and they offer combo-packs so you don't have to buy them separately. I also got more expensive name-brand HPT's for a second opinion if I ever have an iffy positive and wanna make sure...

I guess this is CD 10.for me. I used the OPK when I got home from work tonight and there was a very faint positive line, so I'm going to keep testing every night after work and see how it progresses. I'm starting to get excited about being able to tell when I actually have a chance at getting pregnant! ::crosses fingers::

Thanks for the luck and baby dust. Back at ya! I'm also very glad to read your good news recently about your financial situation. I hope things just keep getting better for you!

MrsBurt05 replied to babymakinglady's response:
Thank you!! I hope so too!
Me-25 DH-28 DS-6 1/2 DS-4 1/2 TTC 3

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI! I am 38y/o Married for 12 yrs... I am overweight - even with losing 107lbs...Now I feel great and can do so much more. So Hubs and I decided were ...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.