Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thinking ahead
CEB85 posted:
Hi, I'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not. My question is about restrictions after IUI? I'm hoping for my first IUI in a couple weeks, around that same time we had plans to install a patio & we are laying brick. Would that type of activity be too much during a 2WW? I just don't want to over do anything. I'm sure we could find some friends to help I would just have to make an excuse why I can't help since no one knows what we're going through right now. I just want to make sure we plan ahead enough & not cause any harm. Also, in a couple months we have a much needed vacation planned & it looks to be during a 2ww if we are still trying at that time, just wondering if it would be ok to still go. I'm sorry if these are silly questions I just want to make sure I do everything possible for success. I never thought we'd be where we are now when we were making all these plans. Thanks for any advice.

Prayforamiracle responded:
I don't think there are really any restrictions after an IUI. I think normal activity is resumed. As far as laying brick, I personally wouldn't lift anything heavy. So as long as you are just placing brick and then applying the mortar, you should be fine. Just don't over do it. I think that vacationing is fine as well. I have traveled during twws and I do tend to not enjoy myself as much for worrying about everything. Wishing you the best.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 24.

CEB85 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Thanks for the response. The more I think about it, I think we're just going to see about getting some help. I just don't want to risk doing anything to cause harm. Better safe than sorry. But I am definitely going on the vacation :) I can be careful & make sure I relax :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! It all started last December (2010) when I went to visit my OBGYN after not seeing AF for 8 months after stopping my birth control pills. After a ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!