Skip to content
Thinking ahead
CEB85 posted:
Hi, I'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not. My question is about restrictions after IUI? I'm hoping for my first IUI in a couple weeks, around that same time we had plans to install a patio & we are laying brick. Would that type of activity be too much during a 2WW? I just don't want to over do anything. I'm sure we could find some friends to help I would just have to make an excuse why I can't help since no one knows what we're going through right now. I just want to make sure we plan ahead enough & not cause any harm. Also, in a couple months we have a much needed vacation planned & it looks to be during a 2ww if we are still trying at that time, just wondering if it would be ok to still go. I'm sorry if these are silly questions I just want to make sure I do everything possible for success. I never thought we'd be where we are now when we were making all these plans. Thanks for any advice.

Prayforamiracle responded:
I don't think there are really any restrictions after an IUI. I think normal activity is resumed. As far as laying brick, I personally wouldn't lift anything heavy. So as long as you are just placing brick and then applying the mortar, you should be fine. Just don't over do it. I think that vacationing is fine as well. I have traveled during twws and I do tend to not enjoy myself as much for worrying about everything. Wishing you the best.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 24.

CEB85 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Thanks for the response. The more I think about it, I think we're just going to see about getting some help. I just don't want to risk doing anything to cause harm. Better safe than sorry. But I am definitely going on the vacation :) I can be careful & make sure I relax :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was first dx with pcos at age 11. the doctors thought that my appendix had burst. I had my appendix removed and a few short hours later told that I ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.