Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update on me
kittykatjenn posted:
Hi ladies. I have been MIA due to extreme work stuff. All done now though, so I figured I would give an update!

I have had the worst side effects from the Met ever! I haven't really been eating beacuse if I do I have awful diarreah. I am nauseaous all the time and just don't feel good. I didn't want to call my doc because I was afraid he would take me off of it and then what? But DH told me I had to. I am dehydrated from all the bathroom trips and it jsut isn't good.

So they took me from 2000mg to 1500mg. Hopefully the 1500 will work. I don't know if the 2000 was, but we know that 1000mg doesn't. I already feel less side effects. I was actually able to eat and not run to the bathroom last night, so that is good. I just hope that this is a good dose.

CEB85 responded:
I'm sorry you're having so many issues. Hopefully they've got your dosage correct so you can start moving forward.

Albrecht0529 responded:
That does not sound like fun KittyKatJenn! Glad you are already feeling less side effects! Hope it works for you!!!!
Me: 23 PCOS - Bicornuate uterus DH: 23 Ready to go! TTC for 9 months. Just finished a round of Clomid...hope it worked!!!

kittykatjenn replied to Albrecht0529's response:
It wasn't fun! But, I am already feeling better. I was actually hungry yesterday instead of forcing myself to eat! I just hope this dosage works.....

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm sorry the 2000mg was to much for you. Metformin is so tough. I think it took me around nine months to really tolerate my dosage. I bet if they increased it again, it would take as long to handle the increase. I'm glad you are feeling better. I thought you had abandoned me. Glad you are back!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 24.

kittykatjenn replied to prayforamiracle's response:
I am feeling a lot better, but it is still effecting me a bit. I just hope that this dosage will work and I won't have to go up again.

I didn't abandon...I had a crazy couple weeks at work! Plus, all I am doing is taking the Met. No Clomid or anything. I don't have much to report really. But even if I'm not posting I'm lurking!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone! My DH (39) and I (25) have been TTC since January 2008. I was diagnosed with PCOS in March 2010. Previously on 2000mg Metformin, currentl...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!