Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update on me
kittykatjenn posted:
Hi ladies. I have been MIA due to extreme work stuff. All done now though, so I figured I would give an update!

I have had the worst side effects from the Met ever! I haven't really been eating beacuse if I do I have awful diarreah. I am nauseaous all the time and just don't feel good. I didn't want to call my doc because I was afraid he would take me off of it and then what? But DH told me I had to. I am dehydrated from all the bathroom trips and it jsut isn't good.

So they took me from 2000mg to 1500mg. Hopefully the 1500 will work. I don't know if the 2000 was, but we know that 1000mg doesn't. I already feel less side effects. I was actually able to eat and not run to the bathroom last night, so that is good. I just hope that this is a good dose.

CEB85 responded:
I'm sorry you're having so many issues. Hopefully they've got your dosage correct so you can start moving forward.

Albrecht0529 responded:
That does not sound like fun KittyKatJenn! Glad you are already feeling less side effects! Hope it works for you!!!!
Me: 23 PCOS - Bicornuate uterus DH: 23 Ready to go! TTC for 9 months. Just finished a round of Clomid...hope it worked!!!

kittykatjenn replied to Albrecht0529's response:
It wasn't fun! But, I am already feeling better. I was actually hungry yesterday instead of forcing myself to eat! I just hope this dosage works.....

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm sorry the 2000mg was to much for you. Metformin is so tough. I think it took me around nine months to really tolerate my dosage. I bet if they increased it again, it would take as long to handle the increase. I'm glad you are feeling better. I thought you had abandoned me. Glad you are back!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 24.

kittykatjenn replied to prayforamiracle's response:
I am feeling a lot better, but it is still effecting me a bit. I just hope that this dosage will work and I won't have to go up again.

I didn't abandon...I had a crazy couple weeks at work! Plus, all I am doing is taking the Met. No Clomid or anything. I don't have much to report really. But even if I'm not posting I'm lurking!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in July 2007. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. IUI #1 ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.