Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Discomfort
CEB85 posted:
Hi Ladies,
I'm wondering if anyone has had similar symtoms. Last night was my day 7 and last day of Clomid. I took the 100mg of clomid along with my .5mg of Dexamethasone. Now since late last night and today I've been getting these little pains in my stomach. Almost like cramps but not near as bad. Its more of a discomfort than pain and it doesn't last very long, will go away and then come back. I'm hoping this is normal. I've never been on the Dexamethasone before so I'm not sure if this means stuff is finally working with the clomid this time, or not. I'm trying not to think about stuff too much and become paranoid. I'm supposed to go in on Tuesday for my mid cycle scan to make sure everything is working and I know its too soon for O pain. Any thoughts on this? I'm trying not to be paranoid, but wanted to ask.
Thanks,

Albrecht0529 responded:
Could be anything...but with PCOS you always have to watch out for OHSS. The side effects to say abdominal pain, so it could be from bloating or just the fact that your ovaries are swelling a little... but it never hurts to call your doctor and ask. Hope it goes away for you!
Me: 23 PCOS DH: 23 Ready to go! TTC for 7 months. Just starting on 50 mg of Clomid.

prayforamiracle responded:
I can't remember, do you take Metformin? If so, that could cause it. If not, I'm not sure. Hang in there!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 24.

CEB85 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Thank you both. Its gotten much better today. I'm not sure what it was from. OHSS is what I was worried about but since it has seemed to go away I'm not too worried about it anymore. Also, no I'm not on Metformin, my Dr. mentioned it once but never actually put me on it. Thanks again!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were married April 2005. We started TTC in August of 2005 b/c we knew that due to my family history we would have difficulty conceivi...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.