Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to this group
AMcInnis6504 posted:
Hi all

My name is Ashley and like a lot of you, I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS in August. I went for 6 years not knowing what was wrong with me (never get AF on my own). I am asymptomatic (no symptoms of PCOS) so my Dr. never checked for it, finally I went to a new doctor and he confirmed it with an ultrasound in as little as 10 minutes! Right now I am taking Prometrium to start my cycle and Metformin 1000mg twice a day. So far, no luc kwith ovulating. Have an appt on May 10th to get my progesterene levels checked to see if I ovulated. If not, going to try Clomid for the first time. I am 25 and my husband and I have been "unofficially" trying for 2 years but "officially" trying for 9 months. Any support or success stories for me would be greatly appreciated. With so many people I know getting pregnant (i have like 10 friends right now pregnant, one whom works with me and just annouced it yesterday AND they weren't even trying!!!) it is a very hard time for me and would love some support from people so I know I am not alone! Thanks in advance and hope that we call get our BFP soon!

kittykatjenn responded:
HI Ashley, I'm Jenn. Sorry you are having to go through this, but at least you know what you are dealing with.

I am currently on 1500mg of Metformin. I have tried Clomid and it didn't work for me. I have been officially trying for....I guess 3 years now, but I have been married almost 8. I was on bcp for about 2 years to try to regulate me and once I got off I was back to no af.

How are you dealing with the dosage of Metformin? I was on 2000mg, but I had to have my doc reduce me because I was having such awful side effects.

Anyways, just know that you are not alone. This board may get slow, but we are all here and know what you are going through!

prayforamiracle responded:
Welcome to the board!!! So glad you decided to join. I hope that the Metformin helps you to ovulate and you will soon be on your way to a BFP. I look forward to chatting with you!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 25.

AMcInnis6504 replied to kittykatjenn's response:
I was on the same dose of Metformin when I was first diagnosed in August. I had to stop after a month because the side effects were awful. I was constantly nauseated and couldnt hardly eat anything. This time around, I haven't really had any side effects. I don't know what happened in that few months to make that much of a difference. Maybe it is because I am trying to wat better and exercising more. Any luck with the new dosage and its side effects?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone! My DH (39) and I (25) have been TTC since January 2008. I was diagnosed with PCOS in March 2010. Previously on 2000mg Metformin, currentl...More

Helpful Tips

PCOS tips
I am currently on Metformin 2000 for PCOS and these are some tips my doctor gave me, hopefully they can be helpful to you also! Weight ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!