Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm done
KittyKatJenn posted:
I called my doc's nurse this morning and told her I am done with the Metformin. I am sick every day. Last night I was up all night because I was in such horrible pain. I just can't do it anymore! She said she will have my doc call me so we can figure something else out. I told her that I cannot call her and have her tell me he wants me to keep doing the same thing again. I have put up with all I can and it is time to move on. I mean, being sick all the time is not really a good way to start the baby making. And the pain....I have a relatively high tolerence for pain but I almost woke my DH up to take me to the ER it was so bad. I can't do it anymore and if it means no baby then I guess I have to deal with it.

Prayforamiracle responded:
I'm so, so sorry you are not able to take the Metformin. If it makes you feel any better, I don't have much faith in Met anyway. I have taken it for a year and have not had success, nor has it helped my cycles. I hope this makes you feel a little better. I hope the doctor has some other ideas. Please keep us posted!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 25.

KittyKatJenn replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Thanks. He said something about trying another medication or ovarian drilling. I didn;t really get any questions answered or anything. I kinda hada meltdown at his nurse and now I feel bad. She is going to try to find somethig out for me. I will let you know.

Spotlight: Member Stories

2 surgeries, 1 failed IUI, 1 successful IVF and we're having twins due 7-18-12!!!!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!