Skip to content
I'm done
KittyKatJenn posted:
I called my doc's nurse this morning and told her I am done with the Metformin. I am sick every day. Last night I was up all night because I was in such horrible pain. I just can't do it anymore! She said she will have my doc call me so we can figure something else out. I told her that I cannot call her and have her tell me he wants me to keep doing the same thing again. I have put up with all I can and it is time to move on. I mean, being sick all the time is not really a good way to start the baby making. And the pain....I have a relatively high tolerence for pain but I almost woke my DH up to take me to the ER it was so bad. I can't do it anymore and if it means no baby then I guess I have to deal with it.

Prayforamiracle responded:
I'm so, so sorry you are not able to take the Metformin. If it makes you feel any better, I don't have much faith in Met anyway. I have taken it for a year and have not had success, nor has it helped my cycles. I hope this makes you feel a little better. I hope the doctor has some other ideas. Please keep us posted!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 25.

KittyKatJenn replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Thanks. He said something about trying another medication or ovarian drilling. I didn;t really get any questions answered or anything. I kinda hada meltdown at his nurse and now I feel bad. She is going to try to find somethig out for me. I will let you know.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was first dx with pcos at age 11. the doctors thought that my appendix had burst. I had my appendix removed and a few short hours later told that I ...More

Helpful Tips

PCOS tips
I am currently on Metformin 2000 for PCOS and these are some tips my doctor gave me, hopefully they can be helpful to you also! Weight ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.