Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Some bad...Some good
Albrecht0529 posted:
So...at my cousin's graduation this weekend, another cousin and I started talking (we were close when we were younger, but haven't really talked in quite a few years). I knew she tried for many years to get pregnant, so I asked her why she wasn't able to get prego. She has PCOS too. And she has an odd shaped uterus like mine. She tried for 5 years and had 4 mc. When I got home all I could do is cry. I hope that doesn't sound selfish...and I know PCOS makes ttc very hard...but I just don't know if my heart is prepared to potentially go through that. How do you stay optimistic? How do you stay sane?

On a good note....I'm on my 2nd round of Clomid and according to an ovulation kit, I am ovulating (or will be w/in 48 hours)!!

I think I'm just getting really scared of all the bad possibilities.
Me: 23 PCOS - Bicornuate uterus
DH: 23 Ready to go!

TTC for 10 months. On second round of Clomid.

kittykatjenn responded:
First of all, congrats on the Clomid working!

Secondly, you don't sound selfish. I think we can't help but think of all of the bad things that can happen. We are already dealing with a bad, so the other thoughts just come along with it. What you have to remember is that it hasn't happened. You and you cousin have similar conditions but are two very different people. Staying optimistic and sane is very hard. I have been pessimistic since this started. I don't think it will ever happen for me. Maybe that is my way of preparing myself for the bad that can come. Just focus on the good, which is that the Clomid is working!

Albrecht0529 replied to kittykatjenn's response:
Thanks!! I think the best thing is knowing I'm not the only one going through this. I know what you mean about preparing yourself for the bad that can come. I've always said...prepare for the worst, hope for the best. But every cycle, I get my hopes up so much for 'the best' and think every sign might just mean I'm pregnant....then it doesn't happen...and I don't know if there is anyway we can 'prepare' for that. Hope everything works for you and they get your meds figured out!
Me: 23 PCOS - Bicornuate uterus DH: 23 Ready to go! TTC for 10 months. On second round of Clomid.

kittykatjenn replied to Albrecht0529's response:
I know what you mean. I am always so pessimistic but I still get disappointed. And I still get my hopes up. Since stpping my Met I have felt great. Not sick at all. This morning I was kinda sick at my tummy and the thought went thru my head. But, I beat my optimism back...lol. That is an awful thing to do I know, but after 8 years what else should I do?

Hopefully the Clomid will work wonders for you.

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm so sorry this upset you so much. Try to not compare yourself with your cousin even though you both have PCOS. I think with your age that you have time to try lots of different protocols and I know when you are trying and want a baby that is not what you want to hear, but on the other side I would give anything to have more time. I will be thinking and praying of you. I think it is a great sign that you are responding to the Clomid! Wishing you tons of luck this cycle. Hugs.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 25.

CEB85 replied to kittykatjenn's response:
Hi, I'm so sorry you're going through this. No, you're not being selfish at all. This is such a hard thing to go through. One of my Dr's and his wife went through the same thing and he told me all the emotions we feel and go through are normal and don't ever feel bad for how you feel. A few weeks ago, I couldn't go to a friend of ours sons birthday party because they also had a new born, and I just couldn't deal with it that day. I was going through such a depression with another failed round of clomid. I felt bad for feeling like that but then I remembered what my Dr. said. Its all Normal. Please don't beat yourself up over it.
Remember every one is differenct. What works for one person may not work for another. Just focus on the positive, the clomid is working for you and that's great!

Albrecht0529 replied to CEB85's response:
Thanks for the replies everyone!! This will probably be the hardest, most heartbreaking thing I ever do. But, if everything works out, it will be the best thing!!! Hope everyone sees good results soon!
Me: 23 PCOS - Bicornuate uterus DH: 23 Ready to go! TTC for 10 months. On second round of Clomid.

FrenchBulldogMom replied to Albrecht0529's response:
I don't think your doctor would have you taking Clomid if he/she didn't think you have a reasonable chance of success.

Spotlight: Member Stories

29 years old. Found out at I had PCOS after stopping BC for 6months and not having regular cycles. Got a second opinion last June and we started up on...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!