Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help! Help! Help!
kittykatjenn posted:
I don't know what to do!

So, as we all know, I got off the Met last week cause it was making me sick. The night before I got off of it I woke up with awful pain in my lower tummy. I was up all night. So, 2 days later I spotted brown. Nothing since then. I called my doc's nurse and left her a msg with the spotting info. So, she called me today all excited and wanted to schedule a mid-cycle ultrasound. So, I told her I was thinking it was a ruptured cyst and that is what the spotting was from because I never got a regular period. So, she said if that is what I though then a US wouldn't show anything.

I told her then we wouldn't do it, but now I am second guessing myself. Should I go ahead and do the US even though I think my spotting was due to a cyst?

mabeline12 responded:
I think you probably made the right call... do you have insurance that covers your ultrasounds? If you do I guess it wouldn't hurt. But if you have to pay out of pocket to me it also sounds like a ruptured cyct.

prayforamiracle responded:
I hope everything is okay. Could it be your stomach is just getting used to the absence of Metformin and at the same time you just happen to be spotting? I hope it isn't a cyst. Keep us posted.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 25.

kittykatjenn replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Thanks for your replies. I called my doc's nurse back and talked to her some more. She said she has had a ruptured cyst before and she thinks I made the right call. So, she said she would talk to me next month some time!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27)PCOS, DH (28) TTC #2 since 12/09. I have one DD(4). On my 4th round of Metformin 1000mg day and Clomid 100mg!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.