Skip to content
and the sonogram showed....absolutely nothing
rooni222 posted:
Just got back from my midcycle sonogram. Apart from lots of little follicles all of which are under 10mm, there was nothing else. clomid didnt work...yet again. i just dont understand. why isnt anything working? i havent called my RE's office yet but they are prob going to sugggest moving onto 150mg clomid. i think im going to take a summer break and just take metformin. i feel so hopeless....

Albrecht0529 responded:
So sorry you have to go through this! I wish there were some magic words we all could say to each other to take the heartbreak away! How many cycles have you been on clomid? I hope your RE can figure out the right plan for you. Maybe moving to 150mg would completely do the trick! Have they talked about trying Femara? I've never tried it, but my RE mentioned it as a 'next step'. *HUGS* to you!
Me: 23 PCOS - Bicornuate uterus DH: 23 Ready to go! TTC for 10 months. On second round of Clomid.

mabeline12 responded:
I'm so sorry to hear that... What a bummer. I've tottaly been there before, try not to get too down on yourself. There are other options. Maybe ask about trying Femara. That was what I was put on after I had no response to Clomid. A lot of people that don't respond to Clomid respond to the Femara.

CEB85 responded:
I'm so sorry, I know exactly what you're going through. I was there last month with another failed round. They moved me to 150 & I take my last pills tonight & then see. They told me if this doesn't work we can move to Femera, I think I'm going to request injectables though. So, please don't give up there are more options.I know its heartbreaking now, but some day it will work!

kittykatjenn responded:
I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. I went thru 3 rounds with my regular gyn and then another 3 with my current doc. None of them worked. The 150 might just push you over that edge and work for you.

rooni222 replied to CEB85's response:
thank you for your replies...

i just dont know what it is. Before i started trying last year and before i got on birth control, i never went more than 4 months without ovulating. after getting off BC last year in july i ovulated once in august. Since then ive been on cycles of clomid at 50 mg, 100mg and 150 mg. In between i would take provera to bring on a period. the longest i went without any medication this year was when i was waiting to see my RE, which was about 45 days. my RE does not know why i completely stopped ovulating. i dont know if its because of the constant provera/clomid cycles. i am not giving up completely yet, but i think if i give my body a break and let it do its own thing, maybe it'll work.
ill keep you guys posted. thank you for all your support. i was bawling my eyes out today and my husband didnt know what to say. its nice to come here and talk to you ladies, who know exactly how i feel...

prayforamiracle replied to rooni222's response:
I'm so sorry you didn't respond. I know it is a terrible feeling and you feel like a failure. I was shocked when I didn't as well. I have read though, that some people just don't respond to Clomid. I was so disappointed and let down, plus broke from spending the money for nothing. It would have been a lot easier to get over spending over $600, if I would have ovulated. I hope the RE comes up with some other ideas. Wishing you tons of luck!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 25.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! I have PCOS and a bicornuate uterus. Finally got my BFP and now I have a beautiful baby boy!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.