Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just been diagnosed.
curiousnmo posted:
Well, we have been ttc for over a year now.. just recently found out that I have pcos and elevated prolactin levels. They started me on Bromocriptine. It is giving me really bad side effects so I have gone down to 1/4 a pill a day. Also taking Metformin and started Birth control back up for three months. Then going to check levels again. I'm just wondering who all has gone through this and how everything has turned out for you. This is so much more than I ever thought I would have to go through to get pregnant. Just need some understanding and people to relate too.

CEB85 responded:
Hi Curiousnmo, I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I'm not sure how much help I can be to you since I'm not on metformin, nor have I heard of Bromocriptine. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, and we all understand how difficult and frustrating this is. There are so many options out there, but it can be very hard to stay positive sometimes. We will all get our BFP one day, its just a matter of finding the right combination that works for us. What works for one person may not work for another. I wish you the best of luck on your ttc journey.

curiousnmo replied to CEB85's response:
Thank you. I really do appreciate hearing that!

prayforamiracle responded:
Welcome to the board! I'm sorry you have been ttc for over a year now, but it sounds like they have you on a plan that will hopefully bring you a BFP in the future. I have taken Metformin for over a year now, but have not been successful. I know a girl from the boards several years ago, that had trouble conceiving and they found out her prolactin levels were high. It was no time at all after taking the medication she got her BFP and went on to have a healthy baby. Wishing you lots of luck!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 25.

curiousnmo replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Sorry that you have not had luck with it but hearing about other women gives me a little hope. I'm not sure if it will be that soon for me though since I have to start back on Birth Control for a few months but we will see I guess. I know that everything happens for a reason ..and I'm sure that it will happen when it is supposed too. Some days are just harder than others.. and those days are prob. going to be the days that I come here and complain! lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! It all started last December (2010) when I went to visit my OBGYN after not seeing AF for 8 months after stopping my birth control pills. After a ...More

Helpful Tips

PCOS tips
I am currently on Metformin 2000 for PCOS and these are some tips my doctor gave me, hopefully they can be helpful to you also! Weight ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.