Skip to content
MIA
KittyKatJenn posted:
Hi all. I haven't been around much...lurking mostly. Been having some personal issues and am trying to deal with that.

Anyways, for about the last week or so I have been cramping a bit. My lower abs felt....sore like I had been doing crunches. I know good and well that I haven't, but that is a different issue! Anyways, I have felt like af was coming, but of course I know that isn't the case. I guess just some irritating reminders of my issues.

I was wonder something though. I don't know if this question is to personal, but I figure we are sharing everything else! Has anyone considered seeing a therapist to deal with all of this? I know that it is causing me a lot more stress than usual. And liek I said, I have been dealing with a lot of issues lately. I made an appointment to talk to someone about the other stuff going on and I was wondering if I should bring this up. I mean, it isn't a reproductive therapist I am seeing, so I wasn't sure.

I don't know. I thought maybe it could help...mabe I could get some tips on dealing with the stress. Any thoughts?

CEB85 responded:
H KittyKatJenn, I'm sorry you're having so many issues to deal ith. I have not thought of seeing a therapist, however, I see nothing wrong with mentioning this when speaking to your therapist. It could be very helpfu for the Dr. to know you're going through this as well as your other issues. I hope things get better for you soon.

rooni222 replied to CEB85's response:
KittyKatJenn, i completely agree with you. there were times that i really really wanted to go see a therapist. the only reason i didnt is because my husband really stepped up and became a support system. Also, i was not afraid to talk about my situation to other family members, and honestly, this support group really helps. So really, talking about it helps a lot. You have a lot of feelings that you probably feel like no one understands. If you need to, dont be afraid to go see a therapist. From personal expirience, i can tell you that you might have good days and bad. On good days, you will feel like you'll survive and everything will be ok. On bad days, it feels like there is nothing left in life. Anything you can do to hold onto those good days, you should do.
Please remember that you have a lot of support here and there are many of us who know exactly how you feel.
Hang in there!

Prayforamiracle responded:
Hey there, sorry I haven't posted sooner. I have been on vacation. I'm so sorry you are having a hard time and just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I think that you made the right decision making the appt and I think you should definitely bring up all the ttc issues. I'm sure that is one of the biggest factors with you right now and it would be very helpful to the therapist to know all of it. I hope that they can help you and help reduce the stress. If you get any good pointers, please pass them along. I think we could all use them. Hugs coming your way.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 26.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in July 2007. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. IUI #1 ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.