Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
CD 72- light spotting, what does it mean?
rooni222 posted:
I wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this. Its been 72 days since my last period and I've boycotted all medications including provera. I've been spotting (brownish) since yesterday but as of now it has not turned into anything. I am not sure what this means. I dont know if i am just having an annovulatory cycle. Usually if i do have an annovulatory cycle i'll have spotting one day and it'll turn into a period the next day, but this is the first time its been just spotting for two days. Any ideas?
Thank you.

Prayforamiracle responded:
Some times I have light spotting that doesn't turn into bleeding at that time. I don't know for what reason really. Sometimes I have spotting for a couple days before the flow starts. I know you can have spotting for other reasons also. I hope it means your period is on its way and you can be on to a new cycle.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 26.

rooni222 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
It did turn into a period, but my doctor thinks its just an annovulatory period... :(

Prayforamiracle replied to rooni222's response:
Okay. I have those sometimes also. Do you chart your temps? That was how I found out I was even having anovulatory cycles. I thought I was ovulating every time, but after charting realized I wasn't.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 26.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was first dx with pcos at age 11. the doctors thought that my appendix had burst. I had my appendix removed and a few short hours later told that I ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.