Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cyst Question
prayforamiracle posted:
Wondering if any of you have experienced a cyst or can help me out? Some of this may be TMI. Early this week I had a tint of tanish pink with my cm. I kinda got excited, but figured it was related to the pap smear I had the day before. The next day I noticed an achy right ovary. I was excited again and then it turned in to a painful right ovary. Painful during sex and when I walked. I was still feeling hopeful for ovulation, because with my BFP cycle my right hip hurt to walk a few hours around ovulation. I went to bed with the right ovary pain and woke up somewhere around 2:30 am to the pain completely gone. Then the next morning I had red blood mixed in with my CM. This happened a couple times that morning and then totally went away. My temp has not risen, so it is not ovulation. I'm now leaning toward cyst. I just don't know much about them. I know it is common with PCOS. Do you think this was a cyst? If it was a cyst, was it at one time a follicle that turned into a cyst? What does that mean for my cycle? Could I still ovulate at any point or will my body have to start over? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just so unfamiliar with all this. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin.  Currently on Cycle 26.  

kittykatjenn responded:
Sounds like a cyst to me. I have had a couple rupture and it hurts quite a bit and then goes away. I usually have some spotting when I go to the bathroom after for a couple days. I don't know if you could still ovulate or anything else, but it does sound like maybe a small cyst ruptured.

rooni222 responded:
I am not sure what it might be, but i would definately contact you doctor. The only reason i say this is because i didnt listedn to my doctor last time and ended up having a 2 week period...
hope all is ok. wish i could offer more help.

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I took Femara and Ovidrel in May and June and one of my follicles grew so large that it turned into a cyst. It didn't hurt that much, but my RE said that when he goes in to do my polyp removal and D&C, he'll drain it with a needle if it's still full of fluid.

He said that it would probably go down on his own this cycle, but if not that I shouldn't worry.
TTC since Feb 2009, D

Albrecht0529 responded:
Hey hun! How are you feeling by now? Did you find anything out?
Me: 23 PCOS - Bicornuate uterus - Long luteal phase DH: 23 Ready to go! TTC for almost a year. Starting our 4th round of Clomid.

prayforamiracle replied to Albrecht0529's response:
Thanks for checking on me! I have no more symptoms of the pain and just after those two times, no more blood mixed in my CM. I'm guessing it was definitely a cyst. Now I just don't know what to expect with this cycle. So frustrating! Oh, how I wish I could just be normal.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 26.

rooni222 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Glad you're ok

i've been bleeding now for 3 weeks and yesterday i took the last provera pill so i can expect 6-7 more days. The provera lightened the bleeding i was having but never really took it away. i just hope that it stops after the period i get from provera. i've been so frustrated the last few weeks. i talked to my doctor and they dont think its anything serious and that they see it all the time. i asked them what would happen if the bleeding didnt stop even after the period and the nurse said i will have to get a check up to see what the doctor would want to do. i've been really worried.

Anyways, i am glad that you are ok.

Albrecht0529 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
I bet it was a cyst. I'm sorry to hear that...they suck! If it makes you feel any better, I've had cycles that I had a cyst and still ovulated, but I ovulated about 5 days later than usual (usual- meaning the other 2 times). I wish we were all 'normal' too! But, if we were normal, we would miss out all all of this http://www.999reasonstolaugh.com/2011/01/684-its-great-to-be-an-infertile-because/ (extreme sarcasm)

*hugs*
Me: 23 PCOS - Bicornuate uterus - Long luteal phase DH: 23 Ready to go! TTC for almost a year. Starting our 4th round of Clomid.

prayforamiracle replied to rooni222's response:
I wish you things would improve for you. I know you are so worn out with all this. I'm hoping your body will start cooperating and stop giving you so much trouble.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 26.

prayforamiracle replied to Albrecht0529's response:
Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully, I will still ovulate. To know that you have had cysts and still ovulate, makes me feel so much better. I need to check out that website again. I need some laughs.

Jessi10909 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Hey honey! I have had a bunch of cysts, both doctors that I have seen aren't very worried about them except when it comes time to take clomid. I have an exam for cysts the day I start clomid every month. About a year ago I had 2 experiences with cysts bursting and it was extreme pain, but they were very large cysts and infected (EW, I know). Good news is, when I had them burst the doc said it was a GOOD thing! According to him, everyone has cysts come and go without notice, we only notice when they get a bigger than normal.PCOS makes them usually bigger for us, that sounds like you had a cyst, but here's the good part! Sometimes a cyst ruptures BECAUSE you ovulate! So you very well could have ovulated and since it is something that doesn't happen often, it was disruptive enough to cause acyst that was just there and unnoticed to rupture - thats exactaly what the doc told me Good luck and baby dust!!
DH (38) and I (25) have been TTC my 1st, his 3rd since Jan. 2008 Currently on 1000mg Metformin second round of clomid... fingers crossed! Good Luck everyone!

Spotlight: Member Stories

2 surgeries, 1 failed IUI, 1 successful IVF and we're having twins due 7-18-12!!!!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.