Skip to content
Update
CEB85 posted:
Hello, I just wanted to give everyone an update. The last post I was going through my first round of injectables. Well, it appears that was the trick for us as we got our BFP! I found out shortly before we left for vacation and then had our first ultra sound today and it appears we're having twins! The larger one is doing really well and a has a strong heartbeat, the little one is measuring 5 days younger and we weren't able to detect a heartbeat but hopefully next Monday it will be there and it wont be a loss the Dr. said its about a 50/50 chance. But so far everything is looking good now. I hope I don't upset or frustrate anyone with my post, I hope I can give you some hope to know it will happen one day for all of you. I was feeling so down and depressed that I was about to give up and then we finally moved on to a medication that worked. Good luck to all of you!

Albrecht0529 responded:
YAY!!!!! Congrats!!! That is so exciting!! I got my BFP last week. There is definitely hope for all of us. Infertility is temporary, but hope and determination is permanent. Hope everything is ok with baby#2. Congrats again!
Me: 23 PCOS - Bicornuate uterus - Long luteal phase DH: 23 Ready to go! TTC for almost a year. Starting our 4th round of Clomid.

CEB85 replied to Albrecht0529's response:
Thank you and congrats to you too!! When is your first ultrasound? I hope everything continues to go well with you!

Albrecht0529 replied to CEB85's response:
It's this Friday! I'm excited! How far along are you?
Me: 23 PCOS - Bicornuate uterus - Long luteal phase DH: 23 Ready to go! TTC for almost a year. Starting our 4th round of Clomid.

Jessi10909 responded:
Congratylations! It looks like this discussion board is having good luck because I just got my BFP today! The second round of 50mg clomid was the trick for me after 3 and a half years of TTC so there really is hope out there ladies! I have an appt with my doc tomorrow to confirm and plan the coming months! Again congratulations Albrecht and CEB!!!
DH (38) and I (25) have been TTC my 1st, his 3rd since Jan. 2008 Currently on 1000mg Metformin second round of clomid... fingers crossed! Good Luck everyone!

Albrecht0529 replied to Jessi10909's response:
Congrats Jessi! Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

CEB85 replied to Albrecht0529's response:
Wow! This is very exciting for everyone! Congrats to BOTH of you and good luck at your appointments. Let me know how they both go! From what the nurse first told me, I'll be 8 weeks on Friday. But when they did the ultra sound yesterday one baby was measuring 6 weeks and 5 days and the other baby measuring 6 weeks and 1 day so I'm not exactly sure which I should be going off of. The Dr. gave me a due date of March 31, he said it could have been April 1, but didn't want to give me the due date of April Fools.
Good luck to all of you and congrats again!!!!

rooni222 replied to CEB85's response:
Hey ladies,

congrats on everyone's positive!!!

CEB85, congratulations! just a couple of months ago, i was telling you to hang in there! i am afraid it might be your turn to tell me. i havent ovulated in over a year now. I am thinking of doing injectibles for the next cycle. do you mind telling me what you took and how much of it you took?

Thank you,

Rooni

CEB85 replied to rooni222's response:
Hi Rooni,
Sorry if I end up posting this twice, I tried earlier and it said there was an error and nothing ever showed up.
I do remember you helping me get through that rough time a while back, and thank you very much for that! If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.
I took Gonal F for 14 days I believe it was. I started at 75iu, things were looking good at first then suddenly my follicles went into reverse and got smaller so we had to increase the dosage to 150iu.
I then triggered and followed up with back to back IUI's.
I completely understand you wanting to move onto injectables. Had I not done injectables it would have been a year exactly that I had not ovulated. If you decide to move onto injectables and your insurance doesn't cover anything like mine didn't I just wanted to let you know about compassionate care programs if you weren't already aware. Because my insurance has never covered anything my RE got me in contact with a rep and we were gifted $6000 worth or 1 month worth of injectable medication including the trigger shot. We were very fortunate to receive that. My RE requested the entire $6000 worth so I'd have extra if needed. I only used about half of what we received and my RE informed us that this stuff lasts years even after the expiration date, so now we have some for the next time we try for another baby.
Also, just so you know the shots do not hurt at all. If done correctly you can't even feel it. I did mess up once and went in too slow and that did burn a little bit but nothing too bad.
Hope I was able to answer some of your questions and if you have any more please don't hesitate to ask.

rooni222 replied to CEB85's response:
oh my god! thank you! can you give me more information about the program? what is it called? how do i contact them? did they cover the IUI and monitoring as well? my insurance doesnt cover anything beyond the injectibles. i would like to do iui but its so expensive. if you can provide any more information, i would be greatful to you!

CEB85 replied to rooni222's response:
From my understanding each area is different and it depends on which companies your RE uses. There are different types of programs to meet different needs. You'll have to go through your RE and see what and who they recommend for you. For me it only covered the meds, but there might be something to help cover the cost of the IUI's and monitoring. All I know is it was called the compassionate care program but I'm not sure through which pharmacy. I don't know if you can research online to find more info or if everyone must go through their RE. Sorry if this wasn't much help but I had to go through my office for everything and I don't know too many details about the company other than I know there are options out there.
Good luck.

Jessi10909 replied to CEB85's response:
Appt today went well, doc confirmed BFP and was impressed at my timing LOL 3 and a half years of trying and I know when to test! I was exactaly 4 weeks yesterday so my due date is April 25th. I have to make an appt for an ultra sound at 8 weeks since it's a "clomid pregnancy". My mom keeps joking that they are going to do a head count LOL secretly I am hoping for twins... that way I don't have to go through all the medications and negatives again! Good luck to both of you and keep me updated with your stats so I know what to look forward to
DH (38) and I (25) have been TTC my 1st, his 3rd since Jan. 2008 Currently on 1000mg Metformin second round of clomid... fingers crossed! Good Luck everyone!

Albrecht0529 replied to Jessi10909's response:
Great to hear Jessi!! That is so exciting!

I saw a really interesting article in the paper here the other day that talked about financial help for fertility treatments. There was actually a lady nearby with PCOS that is raising awareness of the program. Basically they give "scholarships" to help pay for IVF. In the article it says that they currently have more scholarships than qualified applicants. Might as well give it a try!

http://nptelegraph.com/articles/2011/08/16/news/40002314.txt

prayforamiracle responded:
Wonderful news!!!! Congratulations!!! You certainly give me hope. Please keep us posted. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 26.

prayforamiracle replied to Jessi10909's response:
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy so many of you have been blessed with BFPs. I can't believe it!!! Wishing you the best. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 26.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were married April 2005. We started TTC in August of 2005 b/c we knew that due to my family history we would have difficulty conceivi...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.