Skip to content
Hi there...
MLGammella posted:
Hi - I saw the invite in the PCOS community and I thought I'd come by. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15 and medicated since then with BC and aldoctone. Last year, my hubs and I decided it was time to start TTC, so, after advice from my doctor, I went off my meds. A year later, nothing. I had a moment a few weeks ago where I thought I might have been preggers because my period was two weeks late, but I got a BFN. We were so disappointed but this is the longest I've been off my medication so missing a period shouldn't be that suprising with PCOS. I have an appt with a OB/Gyn to get put on Clomid to see if that works in my favor. I am also going to get pre-natal vitamins and see if that helps.

I am really hopeful that the Clomid will work. We desperately want a baby, and while adoption is always an option, we really want one of our own.

I'm very glad that someone started this discussion group.

-Miranda

Jessi10909 responded:
Welcome Miranda! I hope you find this board as helpful as most of the rest of us have! Recently a few of us (myself included) have gotten our BFP's on Clomid, so the best of luck to you, and keep us updated with how everything is going!
DH (39) and I (25) have been TTC my 1st, his 3rd since Jan. 2008 We finally got our BFP! I am 6 weeks along as of 8/29/11. Good Luck everyone! It WILL happen for you too!

Prayforamiracle responded:
Welcome to the board. We are so happy to have you! I really hope we can be a great resource and support for you and hope you will be blessed with a BFP soon. I look forward to chatting with you.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 27.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were married April 2005. We started TTC in August of 2005 b/c we knew that due to my family history we would have difficulty conceivi...More

Helpful Tips

PCOS tips
I am currently on Metformin 2000 for PCOS and these are some tips my doctor gave me, hopefully they can be helpful to you also! Weight ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.