Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Doctor agreed to injectables
rooni222 posted:
My doctor called me today (which was a total surprise, i usually email her or talk to her nurses). I told her that since clomid wasnt working on its own i wanted to add injectables and she agreed. So I have to start taking provera today and then when i get a period, i have to go in for a baseline ultrasound. They will then show me how to inject myself and other things. She is still having me taking clomid from day 5-9, but said that on day 8, i will start injectables with close monitoring. I am very excited. Hopefully this combination will make me ovulate. I havent ovulated in over a year now so i am really praying that this will work.
i just hope everything goes well. I love my doctor, she is very knowleagable, but she is also the director of the IVF program at the cleveland clinic. Usually she is very busy and i believe has a lot of patients. Without a chart infront of her, she doesnt know what is going on with what patient. Its a bit frustrating reminding whoever i talk to whether its nurses or the doctor herself, what is going on with me.

I'll keep you ladies posted.

CEB85, sending you lots of prayers and wishes.

CEB85 responded:
Hi Rooni222,

I'm so happy you get to start injectables! I'm sure they will work for you. When I started injectables my Dr. told me there was no way I wouldn't ovulate on them.
Will you be following up with IUI's or taking the natural route?
Please keep me posted and I'll be praying for you!

Prayforamiracle responded:
I'm hoping and praying that adding the injectables will be exactly what you need to ovulate. Sending tons of good luck! Keep us posted!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 27.

rooni222 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
I think once i go for the baseline sonogram, they will give me more details and whether or not i want to do an IUI. I think i'll start with timed intercourse first. That is assuming I ovulate. I wish my doctor had been as reassuring as yours. The one timed i asked her about injectables, her response was that injectables dont mean 100% ovulation. I dont know if she meant that for women in their 40s injectables might not be 100% or for someone like me (i think i mentioned before that since i mostly talk to her over email, its very hard to get information from her). She also said that it can be very tricky to get PCOS women to monovulate on injectables.
So i am very very excited, but also very scared. What if injectables dont make me ovulate? that would mean thats pretty much it for me right?

rooni222 replied to rooni222's response:
I am thinking back to when i first talked to my obgyn about taking clomid. I remember i was so excited and even got a little scared when the doctor told me clomid can cause multiples. Little did i know that i might as well been taking sugar pills, thats how ineffective clomid is for me. So i am trying not to get my hopes too high for the injectables. Sometimes i think about how unfair this all is. My 17yr old sister lives with me and her cycle is like clockwork. Every month she ovulates so easily whereas my ovaries are on a complete shutdown. What her ovaries can do so easily, I have to take provera for 10 days, go for an ultrasound (2 hr drive), take clomid for 5 days, take an injection, get another ultrasound (2 hr drive), take injection and repeat until hopefully i ovulate. O and i forgot the hundreds of dollars i spent and will be spending. Did i mention the arguements i've had with my husband because he thinks injectables are too risky and dangerous? If by some miracle i do ovulate, what am i going to say to him? 'hey honey, i know you were against injectables, and we are fighting right now, but can we have sex today and the day after?'
I am sorry, i am just so sad, angry, frustrated, cynical and hopeful all at the same time. My husband is just tired of watching me take medication and have a breakdown when it doesnt work. His solution is that we dont do anything and see what happens. I dont know how to convince him that not doing anything will lead to nothing because i dont ovulate at all. I hate that my body does this. I hate that i have to put my husband through this.
I am sorry, i am just venting...sometimes i just dont know what to do...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001, after years of irregular cycles since a D & C in 1994. No one could figure out what the problem could be. When ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.