Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update so far
rooni222 posted:
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to give an update. took clomid 100mg days 4-8. on days 7 and 8 i added 75iu of follistim. yesterday was day 8, so today is my third shot of follistim. tommorrow i go in for a sonogram to see if what happened.

injections are almost frighteningly easy. i didnt feel a thing and i feel absolutely nothing. then again i've only had two shots. I'll let you ladies know what happens tommorrow. wish me luck! i hope the follistim works.

rooni
FirstPrevious12NextLast

prayforamiracle responded:
I'll be thinking of you and praying for a great report tomorrow. Hope you see just the right amount of follicles and the perfect size. Lots of luck coming your way!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 27.

Albrecht0529 responded:
Hope everything goes great tomorrow!

rooni222 replied to Albrecht0529's response:
Hey ladies,

Just got back. i guess the check up went well. they expected to see follicles from 7mm to 11mm, but no exact number. i had one 7mm on the left and one 10mm on the right which they said was the dominant one. my lining was 7mm which went up from 3mm, which they said was very good. i was told that i am on track for now and they were happy with what they saw since its too early. when they get my estrogen level they will call me back to tell me what to do next. most likely i will do 3 more injections of 75ui and go in for a check up again.

so to me it didnt seem like much was going on. so far i dont have any CM or any twinges. but i guess the good thing is that there was definately some development.

the last cycle i did on clomid alone was in may and i remember that i didnt have much change from day 3 to day 20ish. no follicles grew, estrogen went up a bit (from 50 to 75). lining was the same. this time however, within 6 says the lining went up 4mm and i atleast have one dominant follicle.

the next scan will be a more definitive one. so i guess overall its good. i'll be much happier if and when i start seeing some more mucus.

hopefully i stay on track.

thank you for all your wishes and prayers.

rooni

prayforamiracle replied to rooni222's response:
This sounds very promising. I hope the next scan is right where it should be and you will soon be ovulating. Fingers crossed.....
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 27.

Albrecht0529 replied to rooni222's response:
Sounds like everything is going in the right direction! Hope it continues to go good. Take some mucinex! Not sure if that actually helps, but I read somewhere that it did and I tried it on my last 2 cycles.

got my second scan today. the one follicle on the right is up to 12mm and two more at 10mm . nothing on the left, just a bunch of small ones. so far ok i guess. they will give me more directions when the nurse calls me back this afternoon.

Albrecht0529, what kind of mucinex did you take?

Getting very exciting! Sounds like your follicles are right on track. I just took the regular 12 hour kind that "thins and loosens mucus". Def ask your doc about it, but I wouldn't imagine it would affect your current meds.

prayforamiracle replied to rooni222's response:
Hoping everything is still a go!

rooni222 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
still going good. follicles on the right are now at 16.9mm, 15mm, and 16mm. They want to do a trigger shot at 18-20mm, maybe a couple more days of injections. so far so good i guess...hopefully it keeps up..

rooni222 replied to rooni222's response:
ok so nurse just called back. Wasnt expecting this, but i take one more shot today and then i take the HCG trigger shot on tuesday night. then i have to start progesterone suppositories (yuck) on Sat. has anyone taken these? do you why i have to take them? when i spoke with the nurse today, she said that depending on my estrodial level, i would either have to take supplemental HCG or progesterone if the level was high. my level was 678 but i dont get why i have to take the extra progesterone. the nurse didnt really explain it. just said that it helps the uterus.

I've had to take progesterone suppositories for my whole pregnancy so far. I stop after week 12. They told me that usually women who took fertility meds have lower progesterone levels and that can cause miscarriage. Extra progesterone will also help build up cushion in your uterus so baby has a good place to implant. At around 8-12 weeks of pregnancy, the placenta takes over the production of progesterone, so you can usually stop then...but before that we can't really trust our bodies to make enough progesterone if we were on any fertility meds. It is really good that they are having you take them even though your levels seem fine right now. The alternative would be waiting until it is (almost) too late. Hope all goes well and this gets you your BFP!!

well today is the day. i trigger today, nurse said i will ovulate by the 29th.
I havent had any cervical mucus, nurse said not to worry about that, but i dont get why especially because my estrodial levels are up. I dont know...maybe its because of the clomid i took, so maybe progesterone suppositories are a good thing. Although i wondered how you would know if i even ovulated if i am taking progesterone because isnt that one of the indications? that you get a period on your own? I asked the nurse that and she said i will ovulate and i will know.
i get to test on the 13th or 14th of Oct.
i was thinking about taking the mucinex but since we have to BD the next few days it might be too late.
So wish me luck! i doubt that it'll happen on my first try but atleast i will push out a few eggs after a year.

btw, any tips for the suppositories? are they really messy?

CEB85 replied to rooni222's response:
Good Luck rooni222. I'm praying for you!!!

Don't worry about the lack of mucus, I was told that's very normal when on clomid.

I think they are just preparing for you to get pregnant, and taking progesterone from the start is the best thing for your baby. Some very very early miscarriages can happen when progesterone levels are too low.

They are a little messy. Are you using the pill suppositories or the waxy stuff? I've been using the pill. Mine are really light yellow, so I can't tell the difference between the excess (coming out) and regular discharge. A friend of mine had pink pills and she said it seemed pretty messy. But, honestly...it isn't too bad. Just make sure you are comfortable when you put it in and wear a liner. For a while I felt dizzy after I took mine so I just had to learn to time it just right. Oh...and (TMI) don't put it in before you have a bowel movement...somehow the pressure makes it come right back out.

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Was dx with PCOS at 17/18. Been ttc a little over 2 years with my DH. I have a great RE that we are working with, unfortunately my body is no cooperat...More

Helpful Tips

PCOS tips
I am currently on Metformin 2000 for PCOS and these are some tips my doctor gave me, hopefully they can be helpful to you also! Weight ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!