Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Acupuncture?
KMcEntire posted:
Hi everyone,

With my research online I have found that acupuncture has been proven to be great for infertility and PCOS (leveling hormones, increasing blood flow to the uterus, stress relife...). I had my first consultation with a acupuncture "therapist" and was able to have a treatment afterward. It was quite an experience (in a good way)! I was wondering if anyone had tried acupuncture and had any success. She was pretty confident that I could have my period within the next 7 days. This should be interesting because it's been years since I have had a non-medically induced (aka Provera or bc) period. I hope this works, and it sounds much better than the ovarian drilling at this point. The metformin and femara weren't working, so I think I am going to give this a full chance before going back to the OBGYN and starting the next step (possibly Clomid, HSG, drilling). Any thoughts?
Me (23)(PCOS) and DH (23) TTC our first for a year now. Currently on 1500mg Metformin daily, Provera for ten days and Femara 2.5 for CD 3-7.

Prayforamiracle responded:
I'm interested to see how this goes for you. I have really considered this, but wondered if I could only do the acupuncture part and not the herbs. Let us know what happens.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 28.

KMcEntire replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
I'm sure you could. So far I haven't noticed anything major (no AF), but it's only week 2 so I will post back later. I do relize that I seem to have more energy though so that's a plus!
Me (23)(PCOS) and DH (23) TTC our first for a little over a year now. 4 rounds of Femara with Metformin, no success. Considering other options.

Prayforamiracle replied to KMcEntire's response:
Keep us posted!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 28.

KMcEntire responded:
A little update:

Today is week 3 of the acupuncture and no visible results still. My therapist recommended trying some supplements and herbs and cut down on wheat and sugary drinks. I'm willing to definitely give it a try, but it has been hard to just sit and wait. If I went back to the OBGYN and possibly a RE, at least I would feel like I would be doing something. However, I told myself I was going to give this my full attention for at least the 7 weeks that the acupuncture therapist says it typically involves. It's been a great experience so far though, one more month to go. Hopefully things will pick up.
Me (23)(PCOS) and DH (23) TTC our first for a little over a year now. 4 rounds of Femara with Metformin, no success. Considering other options.

Albrecht0529 replied to KMcEntire's response:
Hope it picks up for you! Sounds like such a safe and natural way. Even if it doesnt make AF come or make you ovulate, I'm sure that it will make you much more healthy! Keep us updated!

KMcEntire replied to Albrecht0529's response:
Big news... AF started yesterday!! This is the first time in four years that I have had a non-medicinal induced period so happy- and surprised! I plan on using the ovulation testers this month to see if I ovulate. fingers crossed!!!

rooni222 replied to KMcEntire's response:
wow! thats amazing!!!

as someone who doesnt have regular periods i know what a joy that must be! so happpy for you!

Albrecht0529 replied to KMcEntire's response:
Awesome!! That is great news! Sounds like your body is on the right track!

Prayforamiracle replied to KMcEntire's response:
That is wonderful news!!! Unbelievable! I'm very happy for you and I hope this is the start of great things to come!

Spotlight: Member Stories

2 surgeries, 1 failed IUI, 1 successful IVF and we're having twins due 7-18-12!!!!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.