Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
bfp?
rooni222 posted:
Hi Ladies,

So I took a first response early preg test on monday which would have been 13 days past the trigger shot and 11 days past ovulation. The test was positive. I called the doc office and they told me that it was still too early to do a blood test. I was told to wait till the 13th(tommorrow) and test again. Ofcource I tested today (15 days past the trigger and 13 days past ovulation). I used a first response test again and a clear blue digital. They were both positive. However, the line on the first response test did not get any darker. it wasnt any lighter, but not darker either.

i called my doc office again so we'll see if they send me for a test today or wait till tommorrow. I am so scared though because now i am convinced that if i am preg, its ectopic. reason i say that is because i've been having pretty moderate cramps. They are not there all the time, but every time i move and at night.

i know i should be more optimistic. i'll test again tommorrow. Hopefully its still positive and its not ectopic. wont know anything more until i do a blood test.

has anyone had an ectopic? what did it feel like?

CEB85 responded:
Hi Rooni,
Please try not to worry. I don't want to get your hopes up but as far as the cramping I had that when I was first pregnant before I got the confirmation from the Dr. It was more like a constant dull pain and if for example driving and if I hit a bump and it jolted me I could really feel it then. This all could be completely normal so please try not to worry.
As far as the lines getting darker, I too was testing every day until they would finally bring me in for blood test and it would barely get darker each day if any at all. Each person is different so that could also be completely normal.
I would say if you're getting BFP your chances are pretty good. The HSC should be out of your system after 10 days. I hate how they make you wait so long to test.
I'm praying for you that this is your BFP that you definitely deserve.I'm so happy for you and please keep me posted.

rooni222 replied to CEB85's response:
went for a beta today. came back at 70. they will do another test on friday and want to see that number double hopefully it keeps going!

CEB85 replied to rooni222's response:
YAY!!!! That's wonderful news. Congrats, I'm so happy for you!!!

Prayforamiracle replied to rooni222's response:
I'm so thrilled. I'm jumping for joy. I was hoping and praying for you. Cramping in early pregnancy is very common, so try not to worry too much. Again, I'm so so happy for you. I'm all smiles!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 28.

rooni222 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Thank you ladies! please keep praying for me. hopefully that number doubles by tomm

Albrecht0529 replied to rooni222's response:
Yay! That is so great to hear! I had really weird random pains when I was first pregnant...It would hurt if I moved too quick, sneezed, or just randomly. They said it was ligaments starting to stretch. Very common! Keep us updated! Hope it doubles!

rooni222 replied to Albrecht0529's response:
took another preg test this morning. not only was it positive, the line was as dark if not darker than the control line. i hope that means good things. i am going for the 2nd beta today afternoon. please keep me in your thoughts

Albrecht0529 replied to rooni222's response:
Yay!! Grow baby grow!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! It all started last December (2010) when I went to visit my OBGYN after not seeing AF for 8 months after stopping my birth control pills. After a ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.