Skip to content
Getting Started Again
CEB85 posted:
Hi all,
Well I just finished my last provera pill last night. If things stay they way they were before, AF should come Thursday and I should start injections Saturday. I'm so excited to get started again, yet I'm so scared at the same time. I feel just flooded with emotions right now. The past few days I've felt so positive about getting back in the game so to speak. Last time the IUI took first time, I was feeling confident that will happen again but then I realized I was getting my hopes up way too much. Its so hard to keep an even level of emotions. Some moments I'm on a high and other's I'm on a low. Guess I'm feeling the low right now for some reason. I just want to get through this chapter in my life and move on. I look forward to the day where I'm no longer taking pills and giving myself shots. I guess I'm starting to feel like my life is just consumed by all this and feel trapped. I know it will all be worth it in the end, like I said I guess I'm just having one of my low moments today. Sorry for the venting, I guess its just one of those days. I'm really trying to focus on the positive that we know we can get pregnant and its time to start trying again. Today is the start of the 3rd week of being on Metformin so I am now taking tripple the dose I started with. I do feel positive about the provera. My RE is not so sure it works, but I've heard so much good things from others and even my pharmacist says out of all the information he's read and heard about met preventing m/c he says he truly believes it helps. So that was a little reassuring. Thank you all for being there and again sorry for the long venting.

rooni222 responded:
Hi CEB,

its good to hear that you are trying once again. i am really happy and hopeful for you. but you nailed my emotions right on the money.
my second beta came back at 193 which more than doubled in 48 hrs. they say i am 4 wks, 3 days, yet i dont feel much different. Apart from heavy breasts and cramping, i really dont have much of any other symptoms, which really scares me. i have another blood test on thursday to see if my levels go up still.

i know its still really early, which is why i am so afraid. at this point i dont even know what to believe. some moments i am happy but then some moments i think i shouldnt get my hopes high.

i am so glad that you are starting another cycle. the good things to remember are:
- you respond well to injectables
- you got pregnant the first time and everything came back normal, so there were no other problems
- also, you dh hubby did not give up and is willing to keep trying (i say this because sometimes my husband just wants to give up and its hard to convince him and keep myself going)

i really have faith that it'll happen again. just hang in there!
keep us updated!

CEB85 replied to rooni222's response:
Hi Rooni
I'm feeling a bit better today about things, but there are just so many different thoughts and emotions I'm going through right now. I just have to tell myself its ok if the IUI doesn't take first time again and we'll just keep trying. It also helps that hopefully this is the last time I have to take the provera. I hate the constant waiting.
Please try not to worry too much although I know that's very difficult. It sounds like everything seems to be normal for the beginning of pregnancy. I truly believe what played a roll in my m/c was stress and anxiety. It wasn't so much due to the fears during pregnancy though for me. I really feel it was stress and anxiety of my work, which is why I'm currently looking for a new job.
I was told its common to not really have any symptoms the first couple months of pregnancy and if you don't have symptoms now be grateful for it because you will later

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It just isn't fair what we have to go through compared to those that do nothing but the deed to get pregnant. I hope you are feeling better since this post. I just had a unsuccessful cycle and have been feeling down as well. Hopefully, we can pick each other up. Hugs.....
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 28.

Albrecht0529 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Praying for both of you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am currently 17 1/2 years old, have had irregular/non-existent menstrual cycles since I was almost 15, and thinking about trying to conceive my firs...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.