Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
how are you?
rooni134 posted:
Hi ladies,

how are you all doing? just wanted to see how everyone was. i hope all is going well. i pray and hope that all you ladies are doing well.

Thank you,

rooni

CEB85 responded:
Hi Rooni!! How are you doing? I've been thinking about you and praying everything is still going well with you.
I'm doing ok. AF came and I have my baseline tomorrow. Praying the cysts went away with the BCP. If all looks good I will start my injectables on Wednesday.
Hope everyone else is doing well.

Prayforamiracle responded:
Hey all! I was wondering again what happened to us. I'm sure you are all feeling the stress of the holidays like me and have been crazy busy.

Rooni-Hope all is well with you. Anything exciting?

CEB85-Good luck on the injectables! Please keep us posted often to let us know what is going on with you!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 29.

CEB85 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Hello,
I had my u/s today to see how we're doing with the injectables so far. As of today I've got 3 possibly 4 follicle growing, and all about where they should be. I go back in on Thurs and hopefully I can trigger then. I'm little nervous about the having enough meds. I'm afraid I might just be a little short for my injection Wednesday night and if I go in Thurs and the Dr. wants me to do a couple more days I'll be out and the meds and its usully delivered by next day. So I"m afraid I could go a day without them and the nurse didn't want to order me any more in case I don't need them. I guess we'll just see how that goes. I'm also starting to consider maybe IVF if this round doesn't work. Last time Dh's sperm count was still in the good range but dropped significantly. If it is low or drops again I think I'm going to talk to my Dr about the IVF. I know its so much more expensive but I'm just not sure what to do if DH numbers drop again. I know we got pregnant the first time with IUI but his numbers were over 90 million the first day and over 80 million the second day. Then this last time it was 40 million and 17 million. The Dr. said they like to see at least 20 million. I thought he said 20 million per time on back to back iui but DH thought he said total both days so who knows.
I'm just curious what some of you may think about going into IVF or just sticking with IUI longer? Between me with PCOS and DH with his varicosoles ( Sorry I knowI spelled that WAY wrong) I just don't know what to do.
Thanks and sorry this was such a long post.

rooni134 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Hi Ladies,

I am doing well. my second prenatal appt is on Friday, so i am kind of nervous, please keep me in your prayers.

CEB, i hope everything goes well for you. I have a friend (actually she used to be on the clomid board) who tried 3 IUI without success and then an IVF with success. She told me that if she had to do it all over again, she would go right to IVF because all the money she spent on IUIs would have gone to the IVF.

But that was because her insurance didnt pay for all of it. if you arent spending anything on the IUIs, and you have a few tries left, then i would continue IUI (its less invasive). but if you are spending money yourself, then maybe its better to save that money and put it towards IVF.

you are in my prayers everyday. i really really hope that this time around works for you and you even have think about the next step.

Prayforamiracle replied to CEB85's response:
Wondering what is happening? Hope all is right on track!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 29.

Prayforamiracle replied to rooni134's response:
Thanks for the prayers and sending some your way as well. Please keep us posted!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am currently 17 1/2 years old, have had irregular/non-existent menstrual cycles since I was almost 15, and thinking about trying to conceive my firs...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.