Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Small Update
Prayforamiracle posted:
I finally ovulated on day #58 this cycle and now I'm in the tww. I have ovulated much later this this, but still frustrated with another long cycle while taking the Metformin. I really can't wait to stop Metformin, it just isn't working for me in regards to ovulation. Bad news is I didn't have any ovulation signs and therefore only bd once. According to my temps, we bd two days prior to the temp rise. The really bad news is af is due on Christmas Day. I don't know if I can deal with af on Christmas day, the disappointment and being around tons of kids/babies.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 29.

CEB85 responded:
Hi Prayforamircle.

Sorry if this is posting more than once. Last time I hit submit it gave me an error.

I'm praying you get your Christmas miracle. I know how hard it can be to be around children when you're struggling. Try to stay positive, but I'm praying you have wonderful news!
I'm also in my 2ww as well. I test New Years Eve. If its BFN I stop the progesterone and wait for AF. Progesterone is very confusing because the side effects mimic early pregnancy symptoms and I have to remind myself that its from the progesterone and way too soon to have symptoms. If it is a BFN I'm really hoping that I didn't develop another cyst and can go directly into our next round of injectables. However I have a really good feeling this time. I have faith and hoping that its a good sign but still trying not to get my hopes up. Good luck and keep my posted!

rooni134 replied to CEB85's response:
Hi prayformiracle, we tried just once when i was ovulating, so it does work. i'll be praying for you. i hope you get your x-mas positive.

CEB85, i hope the 2 weeks go by fast for you and you get your good news as well.

with all my prayers and best wishes,

rooni

Prayforamiracle responded:
Thanks so much for the well wishes ladies and the encouragement. I need it a lot!

CEB85-Sending you tons of good luck vibes for a positive!!! I hope you can start the new year with a wonderful surprise!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 29.

CEB85 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Hi Prayforamiracle,

I'm just wondering how you're doing. I've been thinking about you a lot and hoping and praying for you.

Prayforamiracle replied to CEB85's response:
Af did show bright and early Christmas morning, to be sure she didn't miss any of the excitement. It was very hard to have my hopes crushed on Christmas and then have to spend the day with lots of children. It has been a very painful and heavy cycle.

I went in on Tuesday for my baseline ultrasound, and everything looked good. I started 150mg of Clomid on Tuesday night and will take it through Saturday night. I go back next week for the follicular ultrasound and pray, pray, pray I responded. (I didn't respond on 100mg of Clomid back in March) If Clomid works I will get an Ovidrel Shot and plan a IUI. Praying we get to that point and that my DH will be able to give a decent enough sample to perform the IUI. Lots of factors riding on whether we will be able to accomplish all this.

CEB85 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
I am so, so sorry. I was really praying for you. I kept checking all weekend hoping to see you post you got a BFP.
Good luck on the clomid, I'm praying that's exactly what you need. I did respond to 150 clomid but it was pretty late in the cycle. One of the Re's filling in for my Dr. cancelled the cycle and said it wasn't working and then started me on provera that day. Well it did work and we missed our chance for IUI. We had already ordered the injectables by the time we found out that I did in fact ovulate so we just moved on.
So it is possible to respond even though you didn't on the lower doses.
Please keep me posted and you're in my prayers.

Albrecht0529 replied to CEB85's response:
Keeping both of you in my prayers after another heartbreaking cycle.

Prayforamiracle replied to Albrecht0529's response:
Thanks for checking on us! How are things with you?
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 30.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24 (25 in August) TTC for 3+ years. Diagnosed with PCOS 1/2007. 4 failed rounds of Clomid 2007. Moved on to Inj. Stopped mid-cycle. DH & I...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.