Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
atypical PCOS and TTC
lewlabell posted:
Anyone have atypical PCOS? Just looking for any help on the matter.

CEB85 responded:
Hi lewlabell,

I do not have typical PCOS symptoms. I don't have the extra facial hair, acne or overweight. There have been times that when I see my RE I have to remind him of my PCOS and he always says he forgets it because I don't have the typical visual symptoms.
I do have cysts on my ovaries and I produce too much testosterone. I am not diabetic or insulin resistant.
As far as TTC I did not respond to clomid. I ended up on injectables which I respond nicely too, however I do have to take dexamethasone when taking the injectables to reduce the testosterone production so follicles have a better chance of growing.
My first round of injectables combined with back to back IUI's resulted in twins, however I miscarried both at around 8 weeks this last August. Because of the miscarriage I started Metformin. Even though I am not insulin resistant I went on the metformin as its supposed to reduce the chance of m/c. The Dr. said it wouldn't harm a fetus or myself I only had to deal with the side effects. I am willing to put myself through anything in order to have a healthy baby.
If there is anything else I can try to answer for you please let me know. I know how difficult this is and I'd be happy to give any info that I can.

Spotlight: Member Stories

2 surgeries, 1 failed IUI, 1 successful IVF and we're having twins due 7-18-12!!!!

Helpful Tips

PCOS tips
I am currently on Metformin 2000 for PCOS and these are some tips my doctor gave me, hopefully they can be helpful to you also! Weight ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.