Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
atypical PCOS and TTC
lewlabell posted:
Anyone have atypical PCOS? Just looking for any help on the matter.

CEB85 responded:
Hi lewlabell,

I do not have typical PCOS symptoms. I don't have the extra facial hair, acne or overweight. There have been times that when I see my RE I have to remind him of my PCOS and he always says he forgets it because I don't have the typical visual symptoms.
I do have cysts on my ovaries and I produce too much testosterone. I am not diabetic or insulin resistant.
As far as TTC I did not respond to clomid. I ended up on injectables which I respond nicely too, however I do have to take dexamethasone when taking the injectables to reduce the testosterone production so follicles have a better chance of growing.
My first round of injectables combined with back to back IUI's resulted in twins, however I miscarried both at around 8 weeks this last August. Because of the miscarriage I started Metformin. Even though I am not insulin resistant I went on the metformin as its supposed to reduce the chance of m/c. The Dr. said it wouldn't harm a fetus or myself I only had to deal with the side effects. I am willing to put myself through anything in order to have a healthy baby.
If there is anything else I can try to answer for you please let me know. I know how difficult this is and I'd be happy to give any info that I can.

Spotlight: Member Stories

29 years old. Found out at I had PCOS after stopping BC for 6months and not having regular cycles. Got a second opinion last June and we started up on...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!