Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Still not responding
Prayforamiracle posted:
The ultrasound today still showed everything under 10mm, like last Wednesday's ultrasound showed. I didn't know what to expect, because I woke up to some light brown spotting.(TMI-only when I wiped) They want me to start taking 200mg of Clomid tonight! I have never heard of this, but they wanted me to do this back in March with that Clomid cycle. We didn't get to because DH was going to be out of town, during time of possible ovulation. I just took 150mg of Clomid, cycle days 3-7. Today, I'm on cycle day # 16. They said it just like I'm starting a Clomid cycle again, just not waiting on af. What do yall think?
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 30.

CEB85 responded:
I've heard of them upping the dose in the middle of a cycle like that. It was mentioned one time but for some reason that I can't remember we were unable to proceed in that way. I think its a good thing and hope you respond well to it I'm praying its the little bit extra push you need. Will you be taking the clomid for 5 days again? When do you go in for your next scan?

rooni134 responded:
am surprised they wont give you provera to start another cycle and give you more clomid right away. I've never heard of this treatment plan, but it must be something REs try. I've also read that 200mg is as high as most doctors will go before trying injectables.

Also did you ask your doctor about lining getting thin when taking clomid? i've read that high doses of clomid can do that.

Prayforamiracle responded:
I go Monday for my next ultrasound. I think I finish my last dose Friday night. I'm not sure about the lining at all. I hope it won't thin my lining too much. My lining was 6 yesterday. That will be terrible, if I finally produce follicle(s) and my lining will not be good enough for implantation.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 30.

rooni134 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
If your doc isnt concerned then i am sure its nothing to worry about. were you able to find out if your insurance covers injectables?

CEB85 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Let us know how Monday goes. I'm really praying that you have a positive response!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (26) DH (33) - TTC #1 since 8/2005. Started Metformin 3x a day 2/2010. DH has good count but not the right amount of "normal" guys. Prayi...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.