Skip to content
IVF??
CEB85 posted:
Well we're back to considering IVF again. I had asked about it a couple weeks ago and scheduled a consultation with our RE. A IVF consultant from the office called me and gave me the pricing and we decided we'd try IUI a little longer and cancel the consultation meeting with my RE. Well, after thinking about it some more I really think we need to check into this and gather more info... so I rescheduled my consultation. I just have this gut feeling that I need to look into this. Each round takes 2 months since I have to sit a month out after each IUI. We know its expensive but I keep thinking in the long run it might be cheaper. Hopefully we will have extra to freeze so when we go back for more children later the hard part is already done.
I scheduled a consult for next week. That same day the office is holding a once a month IVF meeting for interested couples so we will be attending that as well and getting all the info we can. We're thinking now that we'll try IUI one more time. If it doesn't work move onto IVF. Its a lot to take in for me and I have a lot of thoughts and emotions but I really think this is something we need to do. DH said he's willing to do whatever it takes and whatever I feel I need to do.
Have any of you considered IVF or have any info? This is kind of scary for me and I'm already feeling a bit overwhelmed and we're not even started. I guess I just never thought we'd get to this point.

Prayforamiracle responded:
I think it is good you went ahead and rescheduled the consultation. You might hear something, that can help you make an easier decision whichever direction you choose. It doesn't hurt to hear and gather the information. I hope you come away with lots of useful information to help make your decision. Hugs coming your way. I know all this ttc stuff we go through, is the most stressful thing I've ever encountered.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 30.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were married April 2005. We started TTC in August of 2005 b/c we knew that due to my family history we would have difficulty conceivi...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.