Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS
An_242656 posted:
MY DISCUSSION IS THAT I AM 32 YEARS OLD AND I AM LIVING WITH PCOS AND HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH THIS SINCE I BEEN 12 YEARS OLD..YOU KNOW THE ONE THING I WANT MOST IS A BABY WITH MY HUSBAND..BUT THE HARDEST THING IS LOSING THIS WEIGHT....IT MAKES ME UPSET SOMETIMES THAT I HAVE MORE HAIR ON MY FACE THAN MY HUSBAND...WHY DO WOMAN HAVE TO GO THROUGH A LOT..

CEB85 responded:
Hi An_242656

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Trust me when I say I know how frustrating this ttc stuff can be. I keep telling myself that the reason we have to go through so much more for a baby is because our kid is going to be extra special.
Have you seen an RE?
I'm atypical PCOS, I don't have most of the common visual symptoms that many do. But have you considered Metformin? I was put on met after my m/c in August. Even though I'm really not overweight I immediately started losing weight on it. I wasn't sure how I'd respond because I'm also not diabetic or insulin resistant but it really helped me lose some weight. Another thing that I am on is dexamethasone. That lowers testosterone levels produced by the ovaries and can help with the facial hair issue.
I'm not sure if I helped you any but I hope I did.

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. I have been trying for a long time, now also. I was diagnosed with PCOS mainly for irregular periods and by the looks of my ovaries. I'm not insulin resistant. The doc put me on Metformin to try to help with my irregular periods. Do you take Metformin now? Some people think it helps with weight loss. I know what you are going through is so hard.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 30.

jad2140779 replied to CEB85's response:
THANKS FOR TELLING ME THAT I WILL TELL MY DOCTOR WHAT YOU SAID....I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS ALSO THATS FOR EVERYTHING THERE IS STILL HOPE OUT THERE AND THANKS FOR LISTENING TO MY PROBLEMS..MAY GOD BLESS YOU

An_242656 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
NO IM NOT ON ANYTHING YET----BUT I WILL ASK MY DOCTOR ABOUT THE METFOMIN..I HAVE READ ABOUT THAT..THAT THERE IS HOPE OUT THERE FOR US...HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TRYING TO HAVE A BABY......

prayforamiracle replied to An_242656's response:
I have been trying for over five years. We were successful in 2007, but we suffered a miscarriage. We have had no such luck since.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 30.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was first dx with pcos at age 11. the doctors thought that my appendix had burst. I had my appendix removed and a few short hours later told that I ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.