Skip to content
IVF
CEB85 posted:
Well, last Wednesday we had our IVF consult with my RE, and then had to attend a mandatory meeting for couples considering IVF. We got way more info than we ever needed to know. But in the end we've decided to do it. I'm currently on BCP, My last pill will be Tuesday. Then I and Dh have to go in for some blood work on cycle day 3. Because of my cyst from the last cycle and apparently enlarged ovary that I didn't know I had until today when I spoke to the IVF nurse I will go back on BCP for 2 to 4 weeks. At that time, let the injections begin. Lots and Lots of injections. I'm anxious and nervous at the same time. I'm not worried about the shots or the surgery. But just the fact that if it doesn't work. I want this so badly and after putting all the time, effort and lets face it, Money I don't know if I can handle another BFN. Hopefully, we will have extra embryos to freeze so if it doesn't take there will be more waiting for us. If we does work and we decide later for more children, again the worst part will be over and embryos waiting for transfer.
I'm just so overwhelmed by all this but I can not wait to start those injections... weird huh? ha

prayforamiracle responded:
Oh my goodness! I can't believe this is happening so fast. I thought you were going to get information, but didn't know you would start so soon. I say congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I'm praying that this will work and all that you have to go through will be so worth it. You might want to do what I did with my IUI cycle. I only looked at it in steps/stages, because if I looked at the whole picture I would get too freaked out. I'm so excited for you! I'll be right here with you the whole way.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 30.

CEB85 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Thanks for your support Prayforamiracle, it means a lot to me.
I know its happening much faster than we expected.I thought we'd just be getting info too. However, after meeting with the RE and the embryologist we just feel that we need to do this. I could have gone either way before the meetings but after I really wanted to do IVF, and so did DH which actually surprised me. It really feels like the right decision. In the end it could actually end up costing us less. If we have extras and decide for more children later everything is already there and waiting for us. The embryos do not expire. And yes, I'm trying to think of this step by step. Honestly the only thing I'm really not looking forward to are the progesterone shots. I've heard they're very painful. But it will be a small price to pay. Thanks again and I will keep you posted.

FrenchBulldogMom replied to CEB85's response:
The shots weren't that bad for me after I iced the injection sites for about 5 minutes before each one. Make sure you're good and numb before giving/receiving the shots. My RE let me give myself the Lupron shots in my stomach and the stim shots in my upper thighs. I had to get my husband and sister to give me the progesterone shots because they were in the hip (butt!!! lol) .

Your last update was 3 weeks ago. How are you doing?
TTC since Feb 2009, D

CEB85 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Thanks for the advice on the ice. I'll probably give that a try. I'm used to doing shots for my IUI's but this time I'm assuming will be much more shots. I go this Wednesday to sign the papers and find out when we start and which meds I will be taking. I'm hoping to be starting shots by the end of the week. I'm getting very anxious about all this. I'm not worried about the surgery or really the shots for that matter. I'm just afraid that what if this doesn't work...

rooni134 replied to CEB85's response:
Hi CEB, if i were you id be thinking the same thing, but please try and focus on the positives. you are doing something that will give you a high chance of success and not only that, future chance for more children. you will be in my prayers

CEB85 replied to rooni134's response:
Thanks rooni134, I appreciate it.

How are things going with you?

rooni134 replied to CEB85's response:
I am good. I am 21 weeks now. you would think that by now i would have my fears behind me but i still worry everyday

FrenchBulldogMom replied to CEB85's response:
I took Bravelle, Menopur and Lupron. I know what you mean about being afraid that it won't work. I needed a sedative the day of my blood test after the 2ww. I have never been so scared in all of my life.

You've got to post on Wed. and let us know what happens at your appt.
TTC since Feb 2009, D

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, Im married we have a daughter, Ive had 2 mc and a Tubal that caused me to lose my rt tube. We recently adopted our nephew age 4. I have PCOS an...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.