Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TTC metformin
vivann posted:
So, My husband and I have been trying to concieve almost a year. We finally went to a fertility spec and found out I have PCOS. the dr immediatly put me on metformin and this is the second day. I'm happy to say i don't have any side effects. I think it may be due to the eating I eat very well no greasy foods or processed foods. I've been reading different forums where poeple are getting preg the first month I reall hope that is me. Does anyone else have sucess stories?

Prayforamiracle responded:
I don't have a success story yet. I put yet, because I hope one day I will. I was placed on Metformin two years ago, due to my ovaries and irregular periods. I'm not insulin resistant. Did they tell you, if you were insulin resistant or not? I hope you don' t have any issues with side effects. My side effects started when I had to increase the dosage. Will you be stay at 500mg or will you be increasing the dosage weekly, until you reach a certain amount? I do know that avoiding some foods helps sometimes. I'm glad you found the board and I look forward to chatting with you!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. Currently on Cycle 30.

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I've been taking 2 Metformin 750mg ER pills a day for a little over a year. We did an IVF cycle in October and are expecting twins in July. I don't know how much the Metformin helped us in our cycle, but from what I've read, it probably did help. My RE said that I didn't have high blood sugar, but for fertility patients, he wants it to be on the low end of the scale. He's seen more pregnancies this way.

The Metformin made me pretty sick for a few months. I hope you continue to feel good while taking it. I hope it helps you and your husband get that bfp!
TTC since Feb 2009, D

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am currently 17 1/2 years old, have had irregular/non-existent menstrual cycles since I was almost 15, and thinking about trying to conceive my firs...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!