Skip to content
IVF Update
CEB85 posted:
We had our consent signing today. Went through the first part of IVF, which drugs I take when and all that good stuff. Yesterday we received most of the drugs. It contained the progesterone in oil, HCG and about 9 other bottles of pills.. holy crap ha. Didn't even get the actual ovarian stimulation injections. Luckily today the IVF nurse gave us 8 days worth of injectables from their samples. The drug company is always sending them samples with the pens, they don't like using the pens so they normally don't give them out. But to help us out since we had no medication left from previous cycles they gave us all of them. We're very fortunate there.
We also did the trial transfer today, which I didn't know we were going to do. That was absolutely horrible, way worse than the HSG I had. I guess its very difficult for them to get the catheter where they need it to go. I will probably have to be under anesthesia for the transfer. I knew from a previous procedure that my uterus was difficult, but for an embryo transfer they don't want to have to worry about that.
So, starting Sunday I take Lupron for 2 weeks. I think its March 7th I start my Gonal F. My retrieval should be around 3/17. We're getting there!

prayforamiracle responded:
Wow, can't believe this is happening!!!! I hope you have an easy time with all the meds. I have heard that the meds can take up an entire bathroom counter. That was really great of your doctor to give you the samples. Every little bit helps. What do they actually do in a trial transfer? I have never heard of that? So excited for you!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN Currently on Cycle 31.

CEB85 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Yes the meds could easily take up a bathroom counter. Its crazy how much stuff they sent. I'm trying to figure out a good way to organize everything. They gave me a list of what to take when. I think I'm going to set up a calendar in my phone so it goes off each time I have to take something otherwise I know I'll forget something.
For the trial transfer they use the same catheter they would use for the transfer of embryos. They want to see all the turns and curves they'll have to make the enter the uterus. Of course my body has to be difficult and make it nearly impossible to get into the uterus. They didn't have that difficulty when they did the HSG so I'm wondering if something happened during my m/c or D&C. I've read where sometimes the uterus will change positions during different times, and normally after giving birth they'll go back the way they should be. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but its what I've read.
So we'll see how things go.

rooni134 replied to CEB85's response:
Good luck CEB, i am so excited for you! i'll be keeping you in my prayers!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001, after years of irregular cycles since a D & C in 1994. No one could figure out what the problem could be. When ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.