Skip to content
IUI Completed
prayforamiracle posted:
We had our IUI yesterday and it was a little uncomfortable this time. Last time was a breeze, but this time they had a little trouble with the catheter. I have a huge concern this time. I hope and pray there was not a mix up of entering the wrong totals or a different man's sperm. The difference in sperm counts between this time and last time is astronomical. I don't think it is physically possible to have such a difference. Last time total count was 69 million, with 14 million being motile. This time total count was 225 million and 141.8 million being motile. I questioned it and they said we abstained two days longer this time. I know though we have had sperm analysis with abstaining for four days and didn't have near those numbers. Last month numbers were about the best we have ever had. So, I'm very apprehensive. Did they mess up the numbers? Is there an extra digit in there, that shouldn't have been? I can't imagine a facility this large messing up, because they are really professional about signing off each time the sperm changes hands. Any thoughts?
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN Currently on Cycle 31.

CEB85 responded:
Hello,

I wouldn't worry too much. I've read some cases where the sperm counts can jump and decrease dramatically. I very much doubt the facility would have made an error in putting in the wrong sperm, although I can understand your concern. They have to be so careful about that stuff. My DH a can abstain the same amount of days each time and sometimes he'll have a really high, good count and then the next time it can be the complete opposite.
Try not to worry and stay positive. I have a very good feeling that this is going to be your month. You are in my prayers.

prayforamiracle replied to CEB85's response:
Really discouraged now. I didn't have a rise in temps Saturday nor Sunday and today's temp is not great and could go either way. I felt a little crampy Saturday morning around 9 am. So when Sunday's temp wasn't up around 6 am, I thought well it hasn't been a full 24 hours since I felt crampy Saturday. I have read it can take a day for temps to rise after ovulation. But with today's temp only going to 97.78 from 97.5, I'm feeling very discouraged. I can not put into words how upset I will be, if I end up not ovulating and the IUI be a total waste. The amount of time off work, gas money due to traveling to RE, the money spent on the whole cycle and the heartache. I'm near tears.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN Currently on Cycle 31.

CEB85 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
I'm sorry you're so upset right now. I tried to look up BBT rise after trigger shot. I'm finding where a lot of women have this issue when taking clomid and HCG. Some say their temps changed only slightly while some didn't at all or even a few days after ovulation occurred. I've never charted BBT because I've heard while under fertility treatments its not always accurate.
Could you call your Dr. and see what they say? Maybe they can give you some sort of piece of mind. I know how incredibly frustrating this stuff can be, and I'm so sorry you're going through all this. Its just not fair, but I know someday it will happen for both of us, and what a great day that will be. Even though I'm about to start IVF I'm really starting to struggle to stay positive myself. Just the other night friends of ours called to tell us they're pregnant. While I try to be happy for them, its just so hard to hear. Seems the only time I'm happy for people when they conceive is when I hear it from the women on this support group. I still tell myself its taking us longer because our babies will be extra perfect
My husband and I have a theory about all this and I'll try to make this quick Every year we go camping, fishing and hiking in Wyoming Rocky Mountains for 2 weeks. When we go fishing, if we go someplace that we can drive to and only have a short walk its just not very good fishing for us, no matter what other luck people are having. When we put our packs on and hike for hours and hours, miles and miles we have some great fishing. We've started saying, "The rougher the road, the greater the destination" and we're sticking to that with our TTC journey. We can't just decide hey lets get pregnant and it happens, Nope, we have to really work for it and because we worked for it so hard, the end its going to be amazing. Hope that sort of makes sense

If you ever want to talk more directly when you're really frustrated and down, or just need to talk please let me know. We can email or instant message. I know there are times I just need to vent and I have a good friend I met on this forum and we google talk all the time.
I'm here for you.

prayforamiracle replied to CEB85's response:
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so happy we have
"met". You have been so supportive of me. We have definitely been traveling the harder road. I'm hoping we both will be reaching our destination really soon.

My temp yesterday was 97.80 and this morning 98.10. So I hope I ovulated, and my temps are just taking their time rising. Prayers and fingers crossed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (26) DH (33) - TTC #1 since 8/2005. Started Metformin 3x a day 2/2010. DH has good count but not the right amount of "normal" guys. Prayi...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.