Skip to content
TTC using Metformin & Provera
ih8pcos posted:
Has anyone or IS anyone currently ttc by using metformin and provera? And have you had success? I finally am on my 5th day of AF thanks to the Provera. I am hoping with all my heart to finally ovulate soon. *crossing my fingers*

CEB85 responded:
Hello ih8pcos,

I always have to take provera in order for AF. I am currently on metformin but not to help ovulate. I have to take injectables to make me ovulate. However, the metformin did make me lose weight. I know that's why some Dr.'s prescribe it in hopes to help weight loss and to then be able to ovulate on your own. If that's why you're taking it, it definitely does help to lose weight, even if you're really not trying to. I take the metformin because its believed to help reduce the chances of miscarriages with women who have PCOS. I lost my twins this past August, and was then given metformin. Its kind of rough to get used to but then its not so bad.
Good luck to you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with PCOS around 2011 right after the I met the man I now call my husband :) I was prescribed Metformin but it made me so sick I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.