Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Uterine Polyps
Lin_Lou posted:
Have any of you ladies had uterine polyps removed along with dealing with your PCOS? I was just recently diagnosed with both. PCOS in December and the uterine polyp that was taking up 1/3 of the room in my uterus was found 02.10.12. I just had it removed on Tuesday. I ovulate on my own but my RE is wanting me to ovulate earlier in my cycle. So far, I'm still ovulating around CD20. I'm just wondering if anyone has had success in conceiving after the removal of uterine polyp(s) even if dealing with PCOS as well? I'm trying not to put all my eggs in one basket with this surgery....no pun intended.

Thanks!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I had several uterine polyps,hysteroscapy, and D&C in the hospital in Feb of '11. We did 1 IUI with was a BFN in May. We did the Femara the next month to prep for IUI #2. At my first scan after starting the meds again, we found out that not only did I have a big cyst, but my polyps had grown back!!! I was devastated.

My RE had me back in the hospital removing them again on September 1st. As soon as I healed, we jumped into IVF #1 and got our BFP on Nov 9th '11. My husband and I are now expecting twins due on July 18th!

According to my RE, some women have polyps removed and they never come back, but I was just unlucky. Since I'm 35, we decided to jump right into the IVF before they could grow back a third time. They aren't dangerous, but they do prevent pregnancy. I'm excited that you're getting yours removed because then you won't have them standing in your way!!!

Keep us posted!
Me 35, DH 36, TTC since 2009, IVF Oct 2011, BFP Twins!!! Due Date 7-18-2012!!!!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Oh also, are you having them removed in the doctor's office or as an outpatient surgery? My RE tried to do the procedure in his office, but it was too painful for me and he stopped.

In the hospital the first time, they did general anesthesia, which was extremely scary. The second time, I opted for the spinal needle that numbed me from the waist down. It was soooo much better. I didn't even feel the needle when they inserted it.
Me 35, DH 36, TTC since 2009, IVF Oct 2011, BFP Twins!!! Due Date 7-18-2012!!!!

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm sorry, but I haven't had any experience with uterine polyps. I have had one cervical polyp, but I know that is entirely different.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

Lin_Lou replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
They did mine as an outpatient surgery and put me under general anesthesia. I was more nervous about being put under but it only took 25 mins and I was headed home about 15 mins after waking up. It definitely wasn't as big of a deal as I was making it. However, with that being said, I wouldn't want to deal with it again...but if it meant I'd get a baby, I do it ten times over.

I know removing the polyp definitely can't hinder anything. And everything that I've read about their removal has been very positive, however, I know that I have other issues going on with ovulation as well. I'm just trying not to let myself get too stuck on this being the fix.

My brother and his wife are due to have their baby at any time now. In anticipation of my nephew's arrival, I've been going through some major ups and downs awaiting to start up on my medicine again. I just really want something to happen and us to start a family. I had kind of an emotional freak out the other night and scared my husband, I think. Just basically broke down crying and screaming telling him how I felt like such a failure because I can't make something happen that is supposed to be so natural for women. I feel so defective right now. He was amazing and just wrapped his arms around me and told me that the medicine would work and we'd have our chance. I'm glad he was so supportive when I needed him to be.

I would LOVE to get pregnant with twins. I think that would be amazing! I'm so glad you had luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone! My DH (39) and I (25) have been TTC since January 2008. I was diagnosed with PCOS in March 2010. Previously on 2000mg Metformin, currentl...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.